13" core 2 duo 2.26.

Where can i buy one?
How do i know it is the right one?

TY

Last edited:

thetman

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2003
Can you explain the situation or problem you are having?

To the best of my knowledge every Intel Apple laptop has shipped with a wifi card in it. In older models the cards could be removed so it is possible that if you bought the laptop second hand it was removed. Additionally if System Profiler is not showing an Airport Card then your built-in one may be dead.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
All Intel portable Macs did in fact ship with an AirPort, or later a "Wireless" card. We will need to know what Mac you have to let you know what card you may need. Does it show wireless at all in the menu bar? If not check to make sure the service in System Preferences was not deleted by accident.

glenthompson

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2011
Florida
If your internal wireless is dead, look at the bear extender. It's an external USB adapter that accepts a variety of antennas to get better range.

eco7777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Can you explain the situation or problem you are having?

To the best of my knowledge every Intel Apple laptop has shipped with a wifi card in it. In older models the cards could be removed so it is possible that if you bought the laptop second hand it was removed. Additionally if System Profiler is not showing an Airport Card then your built-in one may be dead.
it is my Sister's machine. The wifi card died and i need a new one.
She bought one online and the tech told her it wasn't the proper card.

----------

All Intel portable Macs did in fact ship with an AirPort, or later a "Wireless" card. We will need to know what Mac you have to let you know what card you may need. Does it show wireless at all in the menu bar? If not check to make sure the service in System Preferences was not deleted by accident.
13" core 2 duo 2.26

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
There are mess of these on ebay, just search for airport card and something like 802.11n. There are a few models, but they are all take out of full computers. So you can figure out the part number or just find a pull from the same machine.