Need to copy Pics to iPhone 4 DCIM folder...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abercrombie, Aug 2, 2010.

1. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

One thing I noticed between my iPhone 3G (OS 2.7 I think) and my new iPhone 4G with OS 4.1 is that I can't copy photos back to my iPhone's DCIM folder in Windows. I want to use some of those cool apps to edit photos I've backed up on my computer but I'm finding I can't put them back on my iPhone 4 anymore. :confused:

2. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Why not email them to yourself and then save to camera roll?

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That's a hassle compared to drag and drop. Apple is supposed to make things simpler, not more complex.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You're supposed to use iTunes to sync photos back onto the phone. Just like with Music.

With just Windows you only have a simple "sync this folder" option. If you want more features, get Photoshop Elements and use it to organize photos. iTunes works with it and you can have a lot more options. (Similar to how Mac users can use iPhoto to sync their photos.)

5. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to rotate the pics once they're on your computer? I noticed that this feature was disabled unlike when I take pics with a regular camera. It's weird I can't just rotate in "picture viewer" like with any other device seems like I need some fancy software with the iPhone?

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

They're normal JPEGs. I'm not sure what's wrong with your software, do you have any other programs on your computer you can try to test it with?

I just took a photo on my iPhone and put it on my Windows machine. I was able to rotate it with 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.' That's not an ideal tool for working with lots of photos, but it shows that Windows itself doesn't have a problem with the photos.

7. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

It was late and I was in a rush so maybe that was the problem. I'll try it again later thanks.

8. BenzoKenzo macrumors newbie

the major problem that comes with syncing from itunes on a pc is the fact that you cannot remove these photos from your phone at any time, you have to just disclude them in the next sync