Need to find iPhone 3GS Case that works with InvisibleShield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by VSMacOne, Sep 24, 2009.

1. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

So I have the InvisibleShield form ZAGG installed on my iPhone. I LOVE how good it feels on there and how clean the iPhone stays underneath.
    However, I am considering getting a case for added protection.
    The problem I'm running into is that most cases are such a tight fit, that i can't slide them on the phone without messing up the InvisibleShield.
    IF there are other iPhone users out there who are using the IS with a case, could give me some advice as to what case to get??
    Thanks.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Anything that clips on or slides are are pretty much out of the question. You're pretty much left with those silicone/rubber ones.

3. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

blah i was afraid of that... but i was hoping for more options :D

4. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

I've been using the Speck candy shell case with invisi shield and its been working flawlessly....its a great combo, really!

5. Felder71 macrumors member

Did you take a look at the Slim Ecoshield from Agent18? It snaps on in two pieces (front and back), is hard plastic, and appears to have a little bit of give on my iPhone, which just has a Crystal Shield on it, meaning it may fit alright with a full body InvisibleShield. I've occasionally seen them at Apple Stores but Amazon is your best bet. I love mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Agent18-Slim-..._1_1?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1253873751&sr=8-1

6. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

I use an IS and this case fits the best of any I have tried, but it's tight and sometimes won't close tight. There will be a gap on the edges where it snaps together. I love my IS and would rather go without a case than give it up.

BTW, it you have a store called "Five Below" near you... I bought the Agent 18 case there for $5.

7. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

The Agent 18 is a great case, you can also find them in Marshall's and TJ Maxx for under $10.

8. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

9. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I have the color case that's sold in ATT stores. It slides on from top and bottom, 2 piece. It fits along the top just fine. The bottom always pushes up the bottom edges of every screen cover I buy. I've just learned to live with it.

10. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i never had that problem

11. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Which screen cover are you using? Are you using the same case I said I am? Maybe it's just the blue case then,...:D

12. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Thanks all for the replies!! I can't wait to try some of these out...
    Keep'em coming :)

13. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Speck fitted and Incase Slider are off the list... no go with the IS.
    It looks like I might have to go with the iskin revo2... any complaints ab that one?

14. lollicup macrumors regular

stop being lazy and go find the reviews yourself

[​IMG]

15. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Hey aren't you cute?!?
    There are no reviews about whether or not the iSkin Revo2 works ok with the IS. But since this is a forum with many nice people (such as your FINE example) i figured i'd ask a ridiculous question to somebody who might have some experience with the two items together. You went out of your way JUST to post that picture of a baby... so helpful!!

Thanks for your help. Please stop by again soon. :rolleyes:

16. lollicup macrumors regular

the problem is there are over 9000 threads like this ( people with clear shields that also want a case)

instead of searching the forums you made your own thread and want us to spoon feed you answers ( in other words do your job)

You're in a niche population ( most people have a case, or an invisible shield) so you need to put in the effort ( and possibly some trial and error) in order to find something that works

17. VSMacOne thread starter macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Who died and made you a mod? You wasted your time and two posts on the thread just to let me know that I shouldn't have made this thread. You're not obligated to post on every thread that you see.
    The last posts ab IS and cases were a few months back. There are new cases on the market and I may not be able to find all of them, but somebody else might have. Isn't that what a forum is for??!!
    So post something helpful or just keep it to yourself.

HEy look here's another thread ab IS and a case... Outrageous! How dare he?!
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=8550873&posted=1#post8550873
    ;)

18. jmckechnie macrumors member

jmckechnie

What about the Otterbox Impact series?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have invisibleshield and the impact series, works great.