Need To Find My UDID Number

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KiwiHill, Jun 13, 2013.

1. KiwiHill macrumors newbie

Hello There,

I am very new to the developers stage and ive done something very stupid. I didnt register my account with apple until i downloaded and partly installed iOS7!

The iPhone kept saying it cant activate the phone and then iTunes was saying i hadnt registered the device, now this is where it gets hard.

I cant use iTunes to find my UDID number as it locked it out and i cant use my iPhone to find it, is there any other way of finding my own UDID number?

Please help!
    Regards,
    Kieran

----------

Im also using OSX Mountain Lion but can use Snow Leopard

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I would put your iPhone in DFU mode and restore back to 6.1.3 (4S/4)or 6.1.4 (5) whichever iPhone you have. Then get your UDID after the iPhone is activated.

3. norsemen macrumors regular

4. slik99 macrumors newbie

UDID for locked phone

Connect the iphone and open itunes. It should say that your dev account is not activated (or something like that). Thats fine, as long as it connects to the iphone. On the menu bar, select "help" and "run diagnostics". select the bottom two. Connectivity test and device sync. Run the tests. During the test a command screen will open displaying amongst other things the UDID. it looks something like:

2013-07-12 15:58:27.154 syncli.exe[6052:c28] setting one shot sync group for cli
    ent com.apple.MobileSync.9b15682fbffff6a45147bf7b926b5997b4fc4f11

The 40 digit number is the UDID. Copy it from the command screen and then your sorted.

5. ikabir28 macrumors newbie

Bro can you elaborate this a little more. i cant seem to find the run diagnostic part under help in the menu bar! i really appreciate the help!

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

There's an app in the App Store called UDID+ that will email your udid to you. I used it when I had to register my phone with the developer portal.