need to go back to 10.13.3

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by johngrussell, Apr 10, 2018.

1. johngrussell macrumors member

Hi, is there an easy way to know when I updated os to 10.13.4 from 10.13.3? I have Time machine and an external hd bu but i can't seem to find exact time I updated so i can go back to that previous back up. Thanks in advance.
    John

2. kohlson macrumors 68000

The 10.13.4 combo updater was released Mar 29. So probably just before that.

3. treekram macrumors 68000

There's should be a file - /Library/Receipts/InstallHistory.plist

If you use TextEdit, you can navigate there by going to the top drop-down, selecting your system disk ("Macintosh HD" or whatever), and from there "Library" should appear and you can navigate to the file.
    Open the file, search for "10.13.4" (it should look like "<string>10.13.4</string>") and based on the text around that line, you should be able to figure out if it pertains to the OS update. From there, look for the line with "<date>" which will appear a few lines above it. You can probably figure out the date and time it was installed from there.

There are other ways to find this information out - to me, this seemed the easiest of the common ways to find this information out.

4. prisstratton macrumors 6502a

prisstratton

Open the App. Store and go to the Updates page, it will tell you when you installed the update.