Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rajsolutionsurat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2018
hi
i m new ....i m trying since 1 month and i m unable to install el capitan on my mackbook pro 2.2 graphic x 1600....plz hlep wit final solution asap...thnks in advance
raj

SaltyT3xan

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2019
Just received a MacBook Pro 2,2 2006 Core Duo Model for free. Works great and in good condition. Trying to see if it's possible to run 10.11 (El Capitan) on it. Been googling for the past several hours and unable to find a clear answer. Any assistance on the forums would be great! If it is possible, links or sources would be great!.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Just received a MacBook Pro 2,2 2006 Core Duo Model for free. Works great and in good condition. Trying to see if it's possible to run 10.11 (El Capitan) on it. Been googling for the past several hours and unable to find a clear answer. Any assistance on the forums would be great! If it is possible, links or sources would be great!.
It's not possible. The latest it can run is 10.6.8, Snow Leopard.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
I agree, you can not install El Capitan.
Here is information about your MBP 2,2:
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-2-duo-2.16-15-specs.html

The information shows a max macOS of 10.7.5 (Lion). Lion can be purchased from Apple, but you need OS 10.6.8 to get access to the App Store to download Lion after purchase. Let me know if you need links to the Apple OS purchase pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.