Need to know how to ipad2 as a bigger screen for the iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Typhoonfd, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Typhoonfd macrumors newbie

New to posting here. Ive been floating macrumors for sometime finding great answers to many questions but i cant find this answer now its time to ask a question. lol

I need to know how to use ipad2 as a bigger screen for the iphone 4s. I am wanting to use the iphone as a video player and the ipad as a monitor/screen.
    i have unlimited data on my iphone and i would like to stream netflix in my car for my kids. Any ideas cables apps anything would be great. i don't want to use mywi because i don't want to lose my unlimited data via at&t.

Thank you

2. GNMac macrumors newbie

The entire post along with the title is confusing

3. M87 macrumors 65816

He wants to mirror his iPhone 4S on his iPad 2's display because he has unlimited data on his iPhone and would like to stream movies on the iPad for his children to watch on car rides. I don't think there is any way to do that.

4. redscull macrumors 6502a

redscull

He has an unlimited data plan on his iPhone which he uses to stream content, like Netflix. But he wants to play that content on the bigger screen of his iPad. So he either needs to tether his iPad to his iPhone's data, or airplay from the iPhone to the iPad. I don't believe the latter to be possible, and the former requires unoffical apps and would probably be detected by AT&T and cause his plan to be converted anyway.

5. Kyles3399 macrumors newbie

6. whynotgotovegas macrumors member

If you got a converter and plugged a router in your car, and then connected your iPhone and iPad to the you may be able to stream with whatever app kyles3399 was talking about. You wouldn't need internet on the router, just a power source. (I think that would work...not 100% sure though)

7. Typhoonfd thread starter macrumors newbie

You guys have been great. Unfortunately the app called Airview has been puled from the app store. This is what i was wanting to do with Netflix.

http://www.iosnoops.com/2011/01/18/...-devices-into-airplay-receivers-with-airview/

I wanted to stay away from the router but hey beggars cant be choosers ill take what i can get as long as it works. A any other ideas would be great. i am also not against jail breaking.

Thank

8. Typhoonfd thread starter macrumors newbie

9. rcp27 macrumors regular

Does your iPhone contract let you tether? If so, just put the Netflix app on your iPad (the Netflix app is a dual iPad/iPhone app), tether the iPad to the iPhone and then you can watch on the iPad through the iPhone internet data.