Need to move hundreds of contacts to iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ls1dreams, Oct 2, 2015.

1. ls1dreams macrumors 6502

Hi all,

At a previous job that I was at for 5+ years, when I synced to Exchange, I didn't realize that it changed my default account for contacts to their exchange server.

Obviously, everytime I added a personal contact, friend, etc, it was pushed to that work account instead of iCloud!

The main issue is that I'd like to have these automatically backed up. Unfortunately, I haven't found a good way to bulk move from one group to another.

1. I saw quite a few apps in the app store, but am not sure which ones to trust. Which would you recommend?

I also have an Android phone, so finding some solution to make contact management less of a headache would be ideal. (I don't suppose I could tell iPhone to use my Google contacts instead?)

2. CaCHooKa Man macrumors member

CaCHooKa Man

You actually can sync your Google contacts. Just add your Gmail account to your phone and it'll show up as a group in your Contacts list. If you don't want to do that then you can export your Gmail contacts at https://contacts.google.com then import them on the iCloud website.