Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
I'm selling my old iPhone 4 which is currently on iOS 7.0.4 and I was going to jailbreak it before selling to add a bit of value, however when I connect it to iTunes and click 'restore' it tells me it will also automatically update it to the newest version of iOS - no thanks. So I downloaded the 7.0.4 ipsw and option-clicked the 'restore' button which allowed me to choose which firmware I used during the restore process, but then it throws up another error and doesn't let me do it.

Is this the correct/best way to restore without updating? Or am I missing something here??

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
Hmm but now I have another problem. I jailbroke with Evasi0n and now I can't seem to launch the Evasi0n app to finish the process...??? Any ideas anyone?

UPDATE: Tried it about 3 more times and it 'took' on the latest try. Have Cydia back now. Huzzah!

Last edited:

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Ah so I can use this to restore without losing jb? I need to sell 3 4s on 7.04 jb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.