Need to switch my @me to iCloud but have a cluster, need help

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by terrymaz, Apr 25, 2012.

1. terrymaz macrumors regular

Hello all, I want to switch over to icloud but have a real apple id cluster on my hands. LOL I have one that was used many years ago before i owned any apple products to create an itunes account. I can sacrafice this one. I have one for my iphone and ipad and i have another for my @me account i set up last year. I do not want to lose the @me one i setup. How do i go about setting up the icloud account? Do i use the @me account to transfer and then am i able to pull the other stuff from the other apple id account that controls my iphone/ipad/mac ????? I wish apple would just let you merge accounts. Heck, i would pay for it !!! LOL Thanks for any help you guys are able to give me. Im sitting here just not knowing where to start.........Terry

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You keep the @me on transfer to iCloud. This is your email, message, iCal, etc. account.

You keep whatever iTunes account you currently have. This is for your purchases/owned media.

2 different ID's serve different roles.

3. terrymaz thread starter macrumors regular

So, on my macbook, the user name matches the one for apple id that the 2 iPhones and iPad are on. Thats not the me account. I just use the me account for a non spam email account. When setting up iCloud would i be safe using the me login and transferring? Also......can i just set up 2 different iCloud accounts as worst case scenario. That seems like it make make it more of a cluster though. LOL