Need your opinions guys - planning to swap my 6 Plus to 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmt25, Apr 13, 2017.

1. bmt25 macrumors newbie

Need your opinion planning to swap my 6 Plus to 6S

INFOS

My 6 Plus: 3months old since purchased (old/deadstock) Apple warranty until feb2018

The 6S: Max 2yrs old since purchased

I dont really need the 3d touch and improve camera, though I want the 2gb ram of the 6s

I am more concern about the wear and tear of the battery and the processor cause i'm planning to use it for 2-3yrs more. So what do you think guys should I swap it?

2. darksithpro macrumors 6502

Two years without a battery swap you'll definitely notice the decreased battery performance. Might want to consider an Apple 6s/+ refurb, as I think they put in a fresh battery. The extra ram does come in handy as the browser does less refreshes and crashes less. Although you could take it to a phone repair shop and have a new battery put into it. Probably around 75-150. I guess it depends on what you do. If you use it as a media consumption device I would look into a 7 refurbish/used fist. If you don't really use it heavily then just keep what you got. Good luck.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The additional RAM on the 6S is noticeable, along with the speed easily over the 6. Although, at least with the 6S being two years old, as that other former member stated, you would be looking at a battery replacement eventually. If you decide to go the route of the 6S and replace the battery, just be sure it's an OEM Apple battery.

That said, one thing that might be of benefit to you, is depending on the model number of the 6S, you might be under warranty for a free battery replacement with an issue that was encountered with the iPhone 6s only, not the Plus model. You can check with the serial number off the iPhone 6s with Apple and determine if it's eligible.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

4. bmt25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. With this 6 plus processor it can perform well for atlest until iOS12? Cause I think iOS12 will be the last 6 update

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's hard to say how long any iOS device will be supported, But assumingly and unknowingly, it very well could last through iOS 12.

6. darksithpro macrumors 6502

Keep in mind that all companies are making products for profit, and there is some degree of planned obsolescence in all products, because they need to keep selling more. You can buy the best hardware at the current date and it will become yesterdays news faster then you can blink. If you're trying to beat the upgrade cycle then you've already lost. Just keep it simple and buy the product that best fits your needs. IMO the golden rule is if Apple, or any other company is actively selling a product today, chances are that product will be supported for the next few years. If the iPhone 6 is not being sold new, then you might have a problem.

7. bmt25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. as long as it wont take hrs to load facebook app, simple games, send a text, switch from UI to UI then im good for about 2-3 yrs lol