Negotiating the price of your monthly plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wknapp0924, Sep 18, 2012.

1. wknapp0924 macrumors 6502

This question is for the ATT iphone people.

Has anyone successfully negotiated a better price for the share plan?

My wife and I both have unlimited data and 700 shared minuted and 1000 texts and pay around 155 a month.

ATT share plan for two smart phones is 150 a month but only for 4gb of data shared, wonder if I could get them to throw in an extra 2 free gbs to switch over??

I know they want to phase out unlimited plans so I wonder if anyone has negotiated a credit or anything of that nature because I would like to try. Or should I just keep my unlimited with 5gb cap and no Facetime or tethering?

2. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

I called AT&T to cancel my service, not wanting to threaten them into anything, and they took $30 off my bill to stay. I stayed. :D

3. wknapp0924 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well they know I wont be leaving them since I just signed a two year contract. lol, was it 30 a month or just a one time credit?

4. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

$30 a month. Specifically, they took off my family plan unlimited texting fee. Now paying $120/mo for two iPhones with 3GB of data each. I wish I would've jumped on unlimited data when I had the chance. What's done is done though.