Neil Cavuto of Fox News calls out Trump for his lies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mac_in_tosh, May 4, 2018.

1. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Maybe a little crack is starting to form in the base:

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Fox news is calling out a conservative for lies?????!!!!1!!!11!

<looks up in the sky for flying pigs> :D

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Even a broken clock is right 2 times a day...

4. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Not every anchor on Fox News are like Hannity. This is nothing new. Even Shepard Smith calls out the president. Shocking.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
    These are the pale deaths that men miscall their lives.
    All of this I can not bear to witness any longer;
    Can not the Kingdom of Salvation take me home?

- To Live is to Die, by Metallica

Very wise man, that Cliff Burton. The first two stanzas certainly describe Trump; faultlessly at that.

BL.

6. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Maybe three thousand documented assaults on the truth have to put at least a tiny little crack in even the most fervent Trump supporter's wall around whatever are his prized core beliefs in the rightness of Trump for the office he holds.

That's a lot of damn lies even if some of them are just repeats, and run out there often enough to end up as Trump's version of Chairman Mao's Little Red Book.

7. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Use the lies you tell
    To destroy others
    You feel like a king
    In his deceptive kingdom
    Pull the people who don't
    Suit you through the mud
    Slander them with nasty words

Your lines are your weapons
    Terse with evil words
    Because with your lies
    You are only betraying yourself

- Lord of lies, by Crematory

Fits even better if you ask me.

8. mac_in_tosh thread starter macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

This thread is not intended to be shocking, just indicative that even some supporters are getting tired of the constant lying.
    --- Post Merged, May 5, 2018 ---
    One can hope so, but Cavuto received indignant tweets from some Trump supporters denouncing him for having the temerity to point out that Trump is an habitual liar.

9. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Neil Cavuto has never been a fan of Trump and as far as I know has used his platform at Fox to be critical. In fact, there are a lot of republicans/conservatives who don’t like Trump and never have.

Here’s an article from December that might put his his viewpoint in perspective.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/po...-worth-time/9EkY55BNiFkTOkjxELYfsN/story.html

Here’s a list of articles taking about Cavuto’s critical statements on Trump going back to 2016.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/topic/neil-cavuto

The OP here seems to be (date I say) “fake news” because of the false assumption that Neil Cavuto was ever part of Trumps base.

10. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Well, Fox News has been a comedy channel for so long, they might be wanting to make the transition over into the cable news genre.
    Yep, Fox News is a broken clock and they are the time each day that's correct.

11. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

Wow even Fox are getting fed up the Liar in Chief..... honest to god I don’t know why he doesn’t just tell the truth. His cult will forgive him for nigh on anything
    Hold the phone! Three.... thousand examples of lying? Yowzer! The only way a person can survive that long is if his cult don’t care about the truth.

12. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Yah... the other day I read David A. French's open letter to evangelicals who defend an indefensible Trump. French is a conservative who considered running against Trump in 2016 at the suggestion of Bill Kristol and other conservatives then trying to ramp up a Stop Trump movement, but then decided he did not have the name recognition or financing enough for a late breaking campaign at that point.

His letter takes to task evangelicals still defending Trump, asserting that they cannot afford to compartmentalize their own moral values and their political goals in order to rationalize achievement of the latter; that in so doing and by countenancing sinful behavior they contribute to "collapse of evangelical moral witness" and so betray Christianity itself by public embrace of hypocrisy.

Anyway among other interesting bits of that letter, David French quoted not only from the New Testament but also from the older one, offering up among the latter Isaiah 5:20, as plain and ancient warning against the doublespeak of lies offered along the path to getting well and truly lost:

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
    who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.​

We're not in the 8th century BC any more (believe it or not!) but Isaiah had a way with words and a sense of the need for truth-telling that has cascaded across the centuries and religions and on into our secular law books. It's not just evangelicals to whom those admonitions apply.

13. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Neil Cavuto has been pretty consistent with his criticism of Trump. I think this is the third time he’s made headlines for speaking out.

14. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

Nothing to see here...

15. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Well it’s got to be tough defending someone who constantly lies. Even Laura Ingraham seems to be getting weary. She took on Devin Nunes the other night for not reading documents he demanded from the DOJ/FBI. I was shocked.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I fixed that for you.

Yup I agree, Trump has FOX working too damn hard. Denial is FOX's game, not explanation after explanation. They had an easier time with former Republican Presidents who knew how to lie by being vague and speaking only when necessary. But Trump is the polar opposite.