Neo Hybrid EX or Ultra Hybrid TECH for 6s+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hajime, Feb 5, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hi, anybody knows the differences between the two? Do they have a raised edge tall enough to protect the front LCD screen of the 6s+?

2. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I've always thought the the main difference between the two was that one has a removable bumper piece whereas the other one doesn't. Neo Hybrid is two pieces whereas the Ultra Hybrid is one piece case.

I recall on my 2015 regular Neo Hybrid, the edge was raised enough to protect the screen face down, even with a tempered glass SP installed.

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

I asked the company few weeks ago but no reply.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 5, 2016 ---
    Is having a bumper piece good or bad?

5. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

6. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

Neo hybrid is more difficult to install and remove than the ultra hybrid, and from what I've seen it is more likely to break in a fall than the Ultra.

7. kindacrazyazn macrumors newbie

I have both. The neo hybrid is a little more bulky. I have the neo hybrid and neo hybrid ex. And I used to own the ultra hybrid. I like both cases and they both have their strengths. The neo hybrid cases have the metalized buttons that make the use of the buttons nice and crisp. The ultra hybrid was a little harder to push and that is why I don't use it as often. The ultra hybrid also has a hard plastic back with softer you sides. The 2 piece neo hybrid is is soft tpu with plastic bumper. I don't have the ultra hybrid any more since I give it to my dad but I can get pictures of the neo hybrid in both of versions that I have.

8. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Based on your experience, which is better at protecting the iPhone from damages due to drop? I have an Otterbox defender. It is a bit bulky but I am sure that it can protect my phone from drops.

9. kindacrazyazn macrumors newbie

I think both are good options. The ultra hybrid has "air cushion" technology. I would say the neo hybrid is a little bulkier than the ultra hybrid. I sometimes feel the bumper on the neo hybrid would break if I were to drop it. But then I haven't done any drop tests so I would be completely sure.

But if you have Amazon prime I would try both and see which you like better.