Nero strikes again: Obama waste $$$ going to a Broadway Show

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Full of Win, May 30, 2009.

1. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

While I do not mind if he goes on personal visits (non government related), to do so in such lavish style while American are struggling to keep our collective heads above water is just insane. I hope Nero, er... I mean Obama, had a good time; I know our children will not when the bill that Nero rang up last night comes to them for his 'night on the town'.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/05/30/RNC-slams-Obama-Broadway-date-night/UPI-75081243725725/

2. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Fantastic comparison! Never saw the Nero-Obama connection until you made the link just there but it's so clear now!

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Umm...and where were you while Bush was fiddling? Just curious. You seem awfully concerned now that we have a Democrat in office. Your silence was deafening during the last 8 years.

And what's wrong with Obama going to NYC?

4. Beerfloat macrumors regular

Beerfloat

Well see it's not Crawford Texas. I mean taking Airforce One for some logging or hunting is a manly thing to do at least.

5. Full of Win thread starter macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Nothing for government business, but for a person joyride, a lot. Perhaps instructed his pilots to 'buzz' Detroit so he could play his fiddle over the headquarters of a large US company about to go under?

Also, would you care to guess how much carbon was shovlede into the air just so he could go to a Broadway show? I'm guessing hundreds of tons.

Again, would not have been an issue if he was there for business, but he was not - he WASTED US Tax payers dollar so he Geez could take in a show., has he ever heard of Netflicks?

6. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    What a silly thread! He's the leader of the free world, if he wants to go to a show, he can. :rolleyes:

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

If Obama wants to see a show so be it. If that is a a lvaish lifestyle Well, I am cancelling my plans to attend several concerts this summer. I can't believe I am so self serving that I have chosen to enjoy some entertainment.

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Another thread by Full of Win that could have been a sensible criticism of actions by Obama (use fossil fuels, gratuitous display of wealth whilst others are struggling, possible waste of taxpayers money etc). Instead it was injected with a bunch of culture wars rhetoric and will therefore degrade to a dogfight. American politics at it's best.

9. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I guess Flying AF 1 to Crawford, Texas, or just to Camp David is considered good frugal policy?

Personally, I think it's refreshing that they go out of the White House as much as possible.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Thats bull. Obama deserves a night out with his wife.

11. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

Correction. He's leader of the United States. The free world is doing just fine without him thanks.

But yes, he can go to new York if he wants to. I think he's doing pretty good if this is the worst the wing-nuts can dig up about him.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You never answered my question.

And now you're going to blame that failure of an auto maker on Obama? Wow.

13. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Netflix is rather short on Broadway plays...

All those flights to the bushco compound in Kennebunkport are ok then?

14. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Fair enough... :)

15. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Not only is he young, goodlooking, he's also got a young, attractive wife who he deeply loves. She's no stepford wife and he's no suburban husband. And you know what, I think that pisses the Republicans off more than anything else.

When's the last time you saw a prominent republican who didn't have either a trophy wife or one with a pedigree?

Maybe it's simply a generational thing.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

What do you expect him to do? Book a flight on Southwest or something? Then you'd be complaining that him and his Secret Service detail had to use government money to pay for airfare. Nothing he does or doesn't do pleases you right wing nuts. This thread is full of fail.

17. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

When is GM going under? Last time I checked, Obama is fully supporting a gov't backed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy which is reorganization not liquidation( Chapter 7).

Seriously, is this all the right wings can come up with to attack Obama with? This is when Obama should be buzzing the GOP HQ playing a fiddle......

18. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Talking about spending money is pointless because the liberals think its a good thing when the govt takes our money and spends it for us because its "stimulating the economy," which is ********, imo, because the people should be able to decide what companies are worth supporting by choosing to buy from them instead of the govt deciding for us by spending our money.
    Thats my opinion anyway.

19. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

This has nothing to do with this thread nor does it have anything to do with reality. This is a cartoon understanding of politics designed for nothing more than to enrage, stereotype, demonise, and further divide.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

In other words, the GOP approach to politics?

21. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Which invites the alternative parties to play along. They're just as complicit. In the end you have parties (and their backers) squabbling over inconsequential bollocks whilst important decisions like healthcare reform, economic reform, and human rights atrocities are relegated to a back seat and executed without serious public scrutiny and input. The people of america are the inevitable losers but they continue to play along with the culture was rubbish. Time and time again.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Exactly. The GOP is a disgrace and the Dems dont have the balls to upset anyone so essentially nothing gets done.

23. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i would hope the most powerful man in the world could go see a show:rolleyes:

24. iPhoneNYC macrumors 6502a

iPhoneNYC

Seeing a Broadway show seems a lot more productive than starting a war based on lies.

25. gibbz macrumors 68030

Where were you when Bush spent about 1/3 of his entire Presidency at Camp David and Crawford, Texas? Do you think he got there by bicycle?

Link