Nest app says “cannot contact iPhone”

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Barbs, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Barbs macrumors 6502

I’m brand new to the Apple Watch. I just picked up the AW4 and I’m playing around with it and learning as I go. Does anyone have this app working with OS5? Not sure if it’s not working due to operator error or due to it not being updated by Nest for OS5.

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I'm having this exact same issue - super annoying. I came from an S0 where hardly any apps worked anymore anyway, and got an S4 on Friday with watchOS 5.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Nest app on both my phone and watch, but I still get the same error. Just left them a low rated review -- maybe they'll fix it, but Nest doesn't have a rep for doing updates all that quickly, so we'll see.

3. ashleypenny macrumors member

Exact same issue, it I found I get nest alerts from my cameras - they’re junk though as zoomed in and tapping them takes me to the nest app error message

Check App Store though there’s a third party app one for camera one for thermostat and they’re both very good.

4. Tj13 macrumors newbie

5. CrownSeven macrumors member

Considering nest is owned by google now...im sure they’re rushing to get the app fixed.:confused:

6. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

7. Toonartist macrumors regular

Ok... we had a similar experience as well but it's now back working ok. What I found was that for some reason, the Nest app on the phone had created a 2nd "Home" that didn't have any equipment attached to it. Once this additional Home was deleted leaving the proper one, the app on the watch worked as normal. I can only assume the watch was connecting to that "Home" and of course, that one didn't connect to the internet as there was no equipment/account.

Anyone experiencing these problems may want to check it's not that.... just in case.