Net10 Internet Pissing me off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackwills, Apr 19, 2013.

1. jackwills, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013

jackwills macrumors regular

jackwills

I have been using Net10 unlimited plan on my iPhone 5 for one and a half month had no issue in the 1st month but its getting worse this couple days the Internet speed getting so slow
    I use WhatsApp it connects all the time and have no issue

Instagram used to load up quick but now every time I refresh it it say couldn't refresh news feed I have to hit the refresh button for many times to make the pics load up they load so slow and some can't even show up, obviously the Internet does work but really really slow and won't work properly

Chrome loading web pages Slowwwwww, most of the time it say web pages can't load up Same thing, I have to refresh the page a couple times then it would load up very slowly eventually

Every time when the web pages won't come up I go to WhatsApp and check the Internet, it connects all the time!
    When I restart my phone it works perfect again, everything loads quick but it will slowly turn back to before eventually, maybe after half an hour
    I have been experiencing this for a couple days and its so frustrating
    Anyone experiencing the same thing and know how to fix it? Thanks a lot!

2. EstaVidaLoca macrumors regular

You're probably being throttled. I think you only get like 1.5GB of data through that specific MNVO even though they claim it's unlimited. This is the textbook definition of "You get what you pay for." in my opinion.

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Classic case of throttling for sure, and yes, you only get 1.5GB data.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

There is no such thing as "unlimited." U fell for marketing.

5. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

can't expect to pay next to nothing and get fantastic service

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Haha this is one instance where I totally agree.

7. jackwills thread starter macrumors regular

jackwills

I know I m only getting 1.5GB but this is already a brand new month.. I think I have used like 200 MB this month
    They are trying to give me 1.5GB for the whole period I use them and don't refresh each month?

----------

I know I m only getting 1.5GB but this is already a brand new month.. I think I have used like 200 MB this month
    They are trying to give me 1.5GB for the whole period I use them and don't refresh each month?

----------

----------

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Maybe they are throttling if you use too many MBs per day as well. Straight Talk did this.

9. jackwills thread starter macrumors regular

jackwills

any way to fix it? Would calling them help?
    I am not really a heavy data user

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Best thing to do is switch carriers. You can sign up for 5GB data in 100 minutes and unlimited texts on T-Mobile for $30.

11. Demonface macrumors 6502a

I remember hearing about people calling them and they reset it but idk.

12. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Hear-say.

Next May 1st, go into your phone's setting and RESET your usage, then you know EXACTLY how much ur using.

13. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

What's your service like including both data and speeds when it's not being capped?

14. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Like Straight Talk (their sister company) they are probably trying to "Force" you to get the T-Mobile SIM. Since T-Mobile has been refarming its network, high odds they are probably throwing a bone to all the MVNO's cheaper than AT&T is to get them to hop on ....I have seen so many unheard of T-Mobile ONLY MVNO's in the last years such as:

Spot Mobile
    Ultra Mobile
    Platinum Tel (PTel)
    GoSmart Moblie (Directly owned by T-Mobile)
    Lyca Mobile
    Solavei

I mean I'm not saying they probably didnt exist more than a year ago...but ever since T-Mobile started refarming its network to 1900MHz all these guys like became public....ads everywhere....

15. EstaVidaLoca macrumors regular

Even Straight Talk is going to throttle eventually. If you're going to pay $30 and use high data just get the $30 prepaid plan with unlimited text and data from T-mobile.