Netflix has sent me the same damaged disc, three times in a row!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MegaMillions, May 13, 2009.

1. MegaMillions macrumors regular

Initially they sent me a damaged disc of Immortal Beloved. I reported it as damaged, and sent it back. The replacement they sent was the SAME DISC!! So I reported it as damaged again, and the second replacement that I received today is still, the same disc.

Is it legal for them to bill me for such service?

Should I just report the disc as missing in order to get a different one that works?

2. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

I believe when a disc is reported as damaged, they send a new one out right away, in an effort to make it as fast a transition as possible. You could manipulate this system: Report the disc as damaged again, but don't send it back until you get the new one.

3. MegaMillions thread starter macrumors regular

That's a great idea! I still don't get how they managed to get my disc back fast enough to ship it out to me again....

I'll do this though, it should probably work!

4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Just call their customer service. I've never dealt with them over phone but whenever I had a problem they almost always gave me an extra disc :)

5. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Report the disc as having never arrived, throw it in the bin.

6. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Wirelessly posted (Sausage: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Could be a bad batch of manufactured discs if anything.