Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
you have to wait for the page to load, then scroll down just a little bit. The poll is in a minor window about the middle of the page (left to right).

D

der dik

is there a way to vote numerous times?

maybe by deleting the cookies for that link?

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 14, 2001
Just make sure you vote! Nice to see 83,000 mac users chiming in :)

macplus

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Polling

Hmmm, works fine with IE5 but no voting buttons appear in 'ole Netscape. Still, we're not far behind.

Obsidian

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
haha

lol are you serious? the 'NETSCAPE' site wont let you vote if your using netscape? i have communicator 4.7 and it says the poll is there, but there is no link. how can I vote and or see the results?:confused::eek: :rolleyes: :p :mad:

V

Vote_EARLY_Vote_OFTEN!!

VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go in there, vote, delete cookies, vote again. if there's no difference, go to metacrawler or google or something, type in the city where u live+public proxies. use the server details in sys prefs->network->proxies.

Sure, this is sinking to microsoft's level (well, maybe not that low) but hey, if pcusers see that poll+ads for new iMac etc. they'll probably consider getting a mac. most pc users use pcs because they haven't heard of any alternative and it's just "easier" to go buy a PC instead of getting a mac cos they're "not used to that" although it's as simple as hell to use a mac - even the presedential pretzel-shrub can use one (apple.com/myths)

J

Jesus uses a mac

*Netscape polls reflect the views of those who choose
to respond and are not scientifically valid surveys.
While you may repeatedly access the poll results page,
only one vote per user is counted.*

my question is how does it figure the "one vote per user" thing?

is it ip address? or cookies?
cant be cookies because i wiped out all my cookies and still it doesnt change. maybe i should ask a pc user..since thery are good at cheating..huh!

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
aghrharhahraharhskjsjs

great link, i still cant find the poll:mad: :mad: :confused:

found it, wow im a dumbass

amichalo

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2001
Originally posted by AlphaTech
you have to wait for the page to load

Oh, that's what I was doing wrong.

But seriously, I would have expected a 95/5 split rather than the current 54/46 breakdown. Wonder if this is a function of Mac users being more a community and thus responding to votes a la this forum, or if most PC users really do PREFER Macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.