Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclamb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
Northern California
I continue to have problems with my panther/10.3.2 based iBook G4/933 connecting to Windows 2000 PCs

It sees my windows network server fine - but when I click on it and connect all but one folder is explorable - the one I want, of cousrse.
Restarting , sleeping, turning airport on and off - nothing seems to help.
Ths is really frustrtating and one of the main complaints I have about the mac - though its windows networking has improved over jaguar - which REALLY sucked for me

Any ideas?

This may be a moot point as I plan to sell the laptop as soon as a new G5 DP comes out - but for now I'm really stuck - have to use my dell!
Help!

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
why dont you put every thing in the folder which is accesible :D
no...you are right, networking is crappy, and many times my ibook doesnt see other comps in the network. But when it does I can access the shared folder..Dumb question but the folder you trying to see is shared?

maclamb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
Northern California
thanks -
Not a dumb question

The folder itself is not shared, but the drive it is on is shared - good point I'll try sharing the folder itself.
And, my iBook USED TO see the shared drive and its contents - now just either shows a folder icon and shows no contents or gives an "alias is not accessible" message when I click on the icon of some of the folders from the shared drive i dragged to my desktop when last I COULD see the folders on the drive.
if that makes sense....

Yes, the networking is better but sucks sufficiently to keep me from using it in a production all-windows environment - like work...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.