Nevada: the Barking Goldman Sachs Girl is tied with Honest Bernie, the American Savior

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Feb 20, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Amazing, since Hillary had a 52-point lead over Bernie just a few months ago. However, 538 gives Clinton a 72% chance of winning (which could be by one vote.)

The Atlantic is covering the Nevada primary live.

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

@aaronvan Did you read the Poltiico piece about how polling in Nevada is extremely dicey, and why that's so?

You should tone down your thread titles. People will think you're Donald Trump incognito. :p

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I read it. However, 538 is the only polling source I trust because they release both sample and methodology, and even their record is spotty. I carefully craft my thread titles to land me a job at the New York Post. I've always wanted to be a Manhattan literary bigshot like Norman Mailer. :D

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Speaking of New York Post, Marketwatch picked up this piece from them:

I cross-posted that link into one of the FBI-Apple threads since if Marketwatch ran it, it must have at least one fact in it. You don't really want to work at the Post, do you? (i always wanted to be their headline writer).

Anyway on your topic: for awhile I thought Clinton would really clean up in Nevada. Then both candidates started talking about the 2008 financial collapse, which hit Nevada hard. At that point I started thinking it could go either way depending on how many people think Goldman Sachs owns Clinton instead of just prefers her pragmatism to Sanders' optimistic view of what he could accomplish.

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

So much for the shellacking that Sanders was supposed to receive from minorities.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fox, NBC and AP have called Nevada for Clinton.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

David Graham posted this from The Atlantic’s live coverage:

I tried to stop by the Donald Trump campaign’s upstate South Carolina headquarters in downtown Greenville a little after 4 o’clock, but it was all closed up. Maybe the staff is out doing GOTV, or maybe they’re already prepping for Trump’s victory party in Spartanburg, about 30 miles away.​

LOL, that sounds like a Trump biz: done making headway, close it up and move on to counting the profits.

8. chown33 macrumors 604

The title needs some work.

First, "Barking Goldman Girl" is shorter than "Barking Goldman Sachs Girl", and it suggests "Golden Girl", thus vilifying her for her age (viz. "The Golden Girls" TV series), and it's peppier due to the alliteration. "Gasping Goldman Girl" would also have been good, for the triple alliteration and the reference to her coughing and the implication of poor health.

Second, you missed a chance to damn Bernie with excess praise by failing to use the word "Messiah". There's so much baggage tied up in that word that I can't even begin to describe it.

9. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

"Golden Girl" would be apt since Hillary was a Goldwater Girl back in the day. However, I have too much respect for Bea Arthur to conflate her good name with that of a congenital liar.

Gasping Goldman Girl isn't too bad, though.

"Gasping Goldman Girl Coughs Up Left Lung"

I can work with that.

10. chown33 macrumors 604

You're gonna hafta jettison respect if you're gonna write headlines, son.

It's not what you think that counts, it's what you get others to think.

11. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke