Never been this excited since, well, the iPhone 5!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donster28, Sep 8, 2014.

1. donster28, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

donster28 macrumors 65816

This is not just a 're-hash plus additional features' iphone release. It's a big jump!

I switched to Galaxy Note 2 back in the day and I loved what the big screen had to offer, but the Samsung OS left me wanting a better UI.

Imagine IOS on a big screen! No more typos from me as well LOL!

Cannot wait any longer!

2. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

23 hours!!!! Oh man.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Meh.

Don't mean to be a downer OP, but based on the pictures I've seen I don't like the look. Rounded corners, thick antenna lines and nothing but gray.

I'll take the black/slate edginess of my iPhone 5 over that any day.

Just my preference. Glad you're excited for it though.

5. zetti macrumors 6502a

zetti

I am excited, its the first keynote I'm gonna watch knowing I am going to buy an iPhone! :D

6. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

I understand. I've had the same thoughts on leaked iPhone 5 pics too and you know what, there's something 'magical' that happens when actually hold the real thing. Hoping this is the same.

7. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

The back is ugly and the bezel is too big but still, mine will be in a case so it won't show much.

8. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

It's the unicorn tears construction. :D

9. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Heck, I've been waiting 7 years since the debut of the iPhone for a larger 5.5 screen! Why? Because

[​IMG]

10. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

lol!

----------

Oh how we've come a long way!

11. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Guaranteed.

Its about the thinness with the roundness.

It only looks better as a bigger device. It doesn't look good like how the iPhone 4 did. Its a diff category of appeal now. Still monolithical, but for different reasons.

12. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah…about cases. Uhm, no. :D

I don't sell my phones and I usually spend two or more years with them. Cases tend to ruin the look in my opinion so I don't use cases at all.

I question the desirability of a phone if putting it in a case makes the decision to purchase it easier to swallow. What's the point of buying something that is not aesthetically pleasing on it's own - with the exception of features and function of course.

Again, just my preference. I don't judge anyone by the standards I apply to my own purchases.

13. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I'm excited because I actually have a job this year and can't wait in line on Launch Day.

I really hope there are pre-orders!

14. CEmajr macrumors 601

I'm very excited to see it finally. As far as actually getting it though, I'm going to do the unthinkable and try not to upgrade this year. Would be the first time since the iPhone 3G that I've kept one of my iPhones for more than 1 year.

15. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm very excited. Actually I'm always excited about iPhone releases on the years that I buy them (Not on the S cycle).

16. Mac Wolf macrumors member

I really do think it'll be huge. Not just because it's the latest iPhone. I think they're tired of hearing that they're no longer innovative, that they're just playing catch up to Android, that they only make marginal improvements every year, etc.

The fact that they're hosting the event in a place they haven't hosted anything in 30 years means they feel like they have a monster on their hands. At least I hope so, or I'd be embarrassed for them.

All that said though, it is becoming increasingly hard to do anything truly groundbreaking and innovative in the smart phone industry. So I'm not expecting a phone that will change society as we know it, like the original line of smart phones. But if those wireless charging rumors are true, then man...now we're getting somewhere!

17. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Same here. I skip the "S" cycles so it's damn near like Christmas morning on Tuesday.

The 5 was disappointing to me. I liked the bigger screen but it still felt small. There was no NFC/iWallet, etc. Overall I was very underwhelmed.

Hoping the 6 is a big jump! :)

:apple: