Never Has Stock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Finz72, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Finz72 macrumors regular

Using the online tool to check stock in the closest Apple Store all week. There hasn't been ANY stock of ANY kind 5s all week. What gives ? Does that mean they haven't received any shipments ?? Crazy. :mad:

2. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I would call them up and ask them.:eek:

3. aapplephone macrumors member

AT&T, verizon , tmobile or unlocked?

I see some stores in newyork have space grey AT&T 5S

4. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

I live in FL. The Apple Stores closest to me have had NO AT&T stock all week according to the online stock checker. There has been sporadic Verizon (not much) devices but that's it. Grey 16GB once in a while, no Silver/Gold of any kind at any store !! I just don't get it. 2 weeks after launch and still no phones at Apple.

5. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Checking for AT&T only, the Apple Store at the Mall of America had Space Gray 16's available for in store pick up all week but none as of today. I saw 1 64 Space Gray available once. I've never found any silver or gold in any size available.

6. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

Verizon gave me a ship date of Oct 21, last night.

7. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

I got my 5S yesterday in Princeton store. ATT. Look first time online 2PM, pickup 7PM same day.

8. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

At this point, I'll take any color ATT device as long as its 32gb. I have a 32gb gold ordered with an October shipping date. The closest Apples Store to me is 45 miles away so going there everyday is out of the question. I really don't want to wait for the Gold any longer but I won't cancel until I can find some stock at the nearest Apple store.

9. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

I'm in south Florida, and I've been checking sporadically, and there have been phones here and there. I helped a friend of mine score a 16gb silver at the falls the other day, actually. It's really luck of the draw as to when you're checking, I think, unfortunately.

10. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I've been able to check a lot in the past week. I'm north of West Palm Beach on the Treasure Coast. I'm willing to travel 100 miles but any further would be ridiculous. Been checking all morning for ANY 32gb in FL.

11. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I'd wait if I were you. I know it's frustrating, but if you can, wait for what you really want rather than settling. These phones cost too much (no matter your budget) to settle. Jmo

12. photodesign macrumors member

photodesign

It's funny, because I have been doing the same thing and have been noticing zero silver or gold Verizon models from Miami to Atlanta...

13. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. It is frustrating and I'm buying the device at full retail to replace a current phone on ATT. So yes, it is very expensive. I would settle for a Silver or Grey but I need at least 32gb. I'll keep searching/waiting in the meantime.

14. KPOM, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013

KPOM macrumors G5

Have you tried AT&T stores? If you happen to be near an Apple store also just try stopping in and asking. Also, since you are paying full price, remember that the Verizon and T-Mobile full-price options will work as well. You might even be able to get the Verizon version from a Verizon store (just buy a prepaid plan that you can cancel). This year they all have the same LTE band support.

It was like this with the 5 and 4s, too. Remember it's only been two weeks. It seems Apple overestimated demand for the 5c relative to the 5s. Had they had it to do over again they might have traded a couple million 5c for a million extra 5s (I'm assuming the 5s is harder to mass produce) at launch. If history is any guide by the end of the month it will be much more plentiful.

For whatever reason, T-Mobile.com seems to have plenty. Unfortunately they changed their unlocking policies, and now it requires having service for 40 days. They also don't sell the iPhone through their prepaid site. I guess they were tired of people using them as a "back door" way of getting AT&T phones.

15. N e e k macrumors 6502

Most likely Apple stores won't have pick up anytime soon - you'll be very lucky if you do find one there.

I just snagged one yesterday at my Sprint store. Last one there, had them hold it for me, 16GB, silver. Call the less hectic stores, Walmart, Best Buy, Radioshack, Target... they're more likely to have stock.

16. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

When I checked for my area, Nor Cal, all they ever had was 16GB Space Grey.

17. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Why doesn't any one purchase using the online apple store for pick up at Apple when they get it, and at the same time look around for one, and if found, cancel the online order before it ships to the Apple store

18. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

Just checked Apple stock again from Florida to Central Georgia. Only 3 16gb Grey ATT devices available. Wow.

19. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Literally there has been nothing on the West Coast all week. Ca to Wa....nothing. This is frustrating :mad:

20. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Because it doesn't work that way. You can only pick up at Apple if they have the phone in stock at that store.

21. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Don't know when you've been checking but there's been plenty

22. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Not anything in 32g, the best I have found is some 16g in SG only....in Idaho and California. Never anything in Oregon.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

At this point, I would recommend just waiting for your order to come. Stop driving yourself crazy by searching.

24. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

Found a 32GB Silver AT&T at my local (Northern CA) Apple Store earlier in the week. It was total luck. I'm honestly still surprised I made it through the check out process in time. Since then, I haven't seen anything at my local stores. I know how frustrating it is, but I bet you will find something soon.

25. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I honestly think some Apple stores do not update their status, to reward people that walk in. There are still stores that have people lining up in the morning. I think that crowd gets priority. By the time you see the status start showing "In Store", everyone is going to be able to walk in and just grab one. Defeating the point.