Never Seen So Much Negativity.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrkactjob, Sep 12, 2012.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Like loads of people on here I have followed all the iPhone releases. I have never read so many negative threads expressing disappointment on the day of a release and not just on this website.

Any idea why and will Apple care?...they must be sensing this as well and with Android sales escalating and the Samsung Galaxy S3 outselling the iPhone in the US I wonder what they will do about it....its a long long wait for the next iPhone now.

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

I saw this much negativity... about the 4S. Still was the best-selling iPhone. This one will be even more popular.

3. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I was just thinking, maybe apple is letting the iphone get lower end for a reason. Maybe they will come out with a high end iphone in a few weeks. You know 720 screen, nfc, better display....

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Never seen so much? Are you kidding? Here at MR? Come on, you've been here about as long as I have. This is the same exact routine we go through every Apple keynote. Just an excersize in futility really.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

You'll have to wait until iPhone 7 for that.

6. R1PPER macrumors 6502

im just going to wander off and shoot myself now...........Bang!

7. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Exactly.

People always get mad after the keynotes because they raise their expectations despite the fact they know they won't be met. Now only the realistic features were added and Apple didn't add a flying car app, everyone's acting as if this is the end of the iPhone.

Yet in a week people will still be lining up outside Apple Stores throughout the world to be one of the first to get their hands on an iPhone 5.

8. ET iPhone Home, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I know huh. Well, I'm one of those disappointed too. I know Apple doesn't care, but I'll still buy their products. Their products are built well. With this 5 release, there will be a slight hold on my funds until next year or in 2014 due to my "slight" disappointment. Now, should it still look like the 4/4S/5 next year or in 2014, I'll just wait to invest and upgrade later than now. I know that it'll still be worth it over an Android.

Personally, I think a lot of people would've been willing to upgrade now, had the 5 been different, even if they're contracts wouldn't allow them too. That would have been a lot of cash for Apple. Just my observation based on the posts I read the past several days. Regardless, Apple will surpass their sales goals.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

Actually its a lot more positive than the iPhone 4S release. We knew what to expect, so I don't understand why people are disappointed. A lot things were confirmed weeks ago. I hope people realize that Apple doesn't have to come out with the BEST specs; everyone else does. They are playing catch up to Apple sales. You can have the best specs in the world, but does that matter to Apple? No. Because at the end of the day, the iPhone 5 will set records! Don't like it. Don't buy it. Who's going to catch Apple sales? NO ONE!

10. R1PPER macrumors 6502

What the ****** is everyone after. It's a phone...not the second coming of christ.
    Apple can design anything they want and this is what they went for.....100,000 man hours invested to keep you winging bastards happy and everyone hates them for it.

11. luked14 macrumors 6502

I've been following iPhone releases since the 3G and the negativity is definitely higher this year than it ever has been. It's not just on MacRumors, it's on virtually every tech site. People aren't stupid, and they can see how quickly the competition has caught up and started to surpass Apple.

12. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

exactly

13. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

haters gonna hate man.

I LOVE it. I have a 4S and I still love the new one (on paper of course). Apple has done it again in my book. I can't think of anything more that I personally could ask for out of it.

A lot of people are ignorant. They like to complain and don't offer anything else. Not to mention the horribly skewed expectations of aforementioned ignorant people. I'd love to read their critiques of the Mars rover. I'm sure they have quite a bit to say about how that could have been improved upon too :rolleyes:

14. leenak macrumors 68020

go read some of the retina MBP threads if you want negativity :)

15. jdlindsey7 macrumors regular

No, Apple will not care at all about the negativity because the phone will still sell really well. There will be a fair share of reviews that will criticize the minimal improvements (minimal in some people's eyes). Apple is about sales and the iPhone 5 will sell because it has the Apple logo on it.

With all that said, I am disappointed because I feel like Apple is playing catch up in some areas (like just now adding LTE) and still far behind in others (like screen size). I think they could have released a 4.7" screen or the 4" screen and it not made a single difference in sales though so what do they care?

16. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

because we were hoping for something like this:

[​IMG]

Not a stretch iPhone (now if they had stretched the screen and put it into the same form factor as the 4/4s THAT would have been something).

One thing I wasn't expecting was reading so many comments about NFC. I've never seen such a full retard raging hard-on for some specific tech, neither retina nor bluetooth hit that level.

17. christyn macrumors 6502a

So, were you not here on announcement day last year? Wasn't any less negatively for the 4S IMO

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

If I'm not mistaken, Apple stock usually drops after conferences.
    669.79 +9.20

Last year during iPhone 4S, it dropped 5%.

Seems like people liked it.

19. tRYSIS3 macrumors member

or you could just and buy a S3!

20. Technarchy, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Are you on drugs? Did you not go on the internet when the iPhone 4S was shown?

The i4S was probably the most derided product ever made.

It was also Apple's best selling iPhone ever.

21. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

I got bored of iOS, so I went to android. the iphone 5 looks like a great phone, but after using the s3 the smallest screen I would want would be 4.5". I think all the hate is from people who wanted a completely new design

22. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

but then I would have 2? I guess I could get a second color....

23. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

it's because Apple needs to revolutionize their iphone instead of incrementally refining it.

LTE, larger screen, faster internals? Android showed us all of this over a year ago.

ICS and Jellybean are very polished OSs. The iphone only holds its edge in (arguably) hardware design/fit/finish.

iOS is stale. Apple could have and should have added much more much longer ago.

Nevertheless, I am still thinking of switching back just to check it out for a while. Although the new Droid Razr Maxx HD looks very tempting:

Kevlar backing
    better design (compared to old Razr Maxx) that reminds me of the iphone
    Nano coating
    3300 maH battery (this is huge for me)
    etcetc.

24. tRYSIS3 macrumors member

then what are you exactly doing here since you obviously have a better phone ?

25. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

the reason is this: while samsung is releasing phones with major upgrades, apple has essentially released an iphone 4s with a different connector and its headphone jack is on the bottom of the phone.