new Watch owner - Series 1

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by appleman1988, Jun 2, 2017.

1. appleman1988 Suspended

Just got myself a new Series 1 Space Gray Aluminum. My first Apple Watch.

I literally have a lot to learn. I'm pretty well advanced in iOS/macOS at this point but I am anxious to try it.

I bought it at an Apple Store and I found out I need the XL band, so I ended up leaving them with the bands that came in the box and they shipped me a new M/L L/XL band since they didn't have one. Very cool.

So I haven't been able to use it yet. I use an iP7+ and I normally have it with me but around the house I don't always have it. It will be nice to get notifications on my (rather large) writst. I really like that Apple makes an XL band AND was so cool about the swap. Apple's customer service is second to none and is why I've been using their stuff since I was little. I definitely have always eyed the watches but finally got one.

The new XL band should be here tomorrow and then I can really get down to using it. Will report back.

I'm excited for watchOS 4 info on Monday but I still need to learn OS 3. Been watching videos and reading about it. I played with it in the store and it was really a cool experience. I like the UI and the features.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

There are a lot of useful threads in here for advice/tips if you have questions and enjoy your new Watch.

3. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Good luck. Unfortunately,notifications work only when in Bluetooth range. Of course,that could mean up to 15-20 meters in perfect conditions,but not through walls.

4. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Welcome to the Watch community! Enjoy it, and just bear in mind that it's seemingly designed similarly to iOS, but really works better if you don't try to use it like an iOS device.