new 11" air - how do i clean instal ML and choose ilfe parts?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 2bcool2, Sep 28, 2012.

1. 2bcool2 macrumors regular

hi
    ive serched all over the net and i cant find anyone whos got a new air and wants to clean instal ML and only grab some of the ilife parts .. i dont want imovie garage band and iweb etc so i have more space on my ssd

can some one give me a couple easy steps what i do to re instal, ML came with the air so i guess it wont show up as purchase in app store

is there an easy way to do what i used to do using a disk on previous macs, re instal clean and only what i need ?

thanks for your help ...

part 2

also i hve a AOU screen and it looks a bit yellow next to my mbp .. its not so yellow when its on full light, but its hard on teh eyes and runs out the battery ..

im not sure weather to send it back do a and see if i get a better screen .. but how many times will i have to do this if i keep getting a aou or lg ?

anyone else got a AOu screen that looks yellow ?

thanks

2. zacharydz, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

zacharydz macrumors newbie

I just bought a refurbished mid-2011 Macbook Air that came with Lion. Since I wanted Mountain Lion, I went through the following steps:

I went to the App Store and downloaded Mountain Lion and extracted that to a flash drive (google for instructions). Try to see if Mountain Lion shows up for you under Purchases - it might (see later in my post)

From that, I reinstalled a fresh copy of Mountain Lion. Once booted into Mountain Lion, I went into the App Store and clicked on the Purchases tab. GarageBand, iMovie and iPhoto all showed up (purchase date was the date that I registered my Macbook Air, so the 'bundled' iLife apps seemed to have been credited to my account. Since I only wanted iPhoto, I just clicked on the Install tab.

3. 2bcool2, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

2bcool2 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks
    i managed to do it by restart cmd r

:)

anyone getting a yellow tint screen by aou in their 11" air??