Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Westbrook0

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
Hi guys,

I've had my laptop for 3 weeks and the battery life has been okay. Last night, after charging to 100%, I shut it down. Today, I was watching a stream for about an hour and came back to find the laptop dead, needing charge. I then charged it and found on the battery health 2 app that the battery is 97% healthy. It has 21 charge cycles thus far. Is this a bad sign? Should I be taking it back to the Apple store?

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Watch it for a day, continue to monitor the battery life, and do a SMC reset. I would definitely consider scheduling an appointment at your nearest Apple Store. The Battery Health percentage won't tell you much of anything.

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
The new macbooks have crappy/buggy smc firmware. Need to wait for an firmware update which could take months.

I got the 15" one and think its a awesome computer (if it had worked as advertised), BUT all bugs and issues make me not trust it at all.. havent done any work on it since i got it. Only been doing troubleshooting..

echoout

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Austin, Texas
Me too. I've got until Thursday to decide if I want to keep it but at this point things just keep getting worse with bugs and instability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.