New 13 MBP w/tb drained from 100% to 0% in an hour

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Westbrook0, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Westbrook0 macrumors member

Hi guys,

I've had my laptop for 3 weeks and the battery life has been okay. Last night, after charging to 100%, I shut it down. Today, I was watching a stream for about an hour and came back to find the laptop dead, needing charge. I then charged it and found on the battery health 2 app that the battery is 97% healthy. It has 21 charge cycles thus far. Is this a bad sign? Should I be taking it back to the Apple store?

2. echoout macrumors 6502a

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The battery health percentage to number of charges is normal.

4. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Watch it for a day, continue to monitor the battery life, and do a SMC reset. I would definitely consider scheduling an appointment at your nearest Apple Store. The Battery Health percentage won't tell you much of anything.

5. Jaekae macrumors 6502

The new macbooks have crappy/buggy smc firmware. Need to wait for an firmware update which could take months.

I got the 15" one and think its a awesome computer (if it had worked as advertised), BUT all bugs and issues make me not trust it at all.. havent done any work on it since i got it. Only been doing troubleshooting..

6. echoout macrumors 6502a

Me too. I've got until Thursday to decide if I want to keep it but at this point things just keep getting worse with bugs and instability.