Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

junior

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2003
I'm pretty interested in getting the new 1.25ghz 15" powerbook. So to anyone who's already an owner: How hot does it get? It seems they've had to cram in lot's of things within the slender body, so it would be interesting to see how that may affect it.
Right now, while my ibook's being fixed, I have been given a rev. a 400mhz powerbook to use, and that burns a hole in my legs! I've tried out the 1ghz titanium laptop my friend owns, and that didn't seem to be too hot at all. So is the heat issue constantly improving?

MetallicPenguin

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2003
NC, USA
I don't own one but I was at the Apple store yesterday for about an hour. Like others have said it gets hot on the bottom, right about where the keyboard sits.

I'm not sure how hot it has to get to burn a hole for you, but this was getting pretty hot, but I could live with it, it wasn't unbearable.

Either way it had been plugged in and on for about 6 hours.

You might want to, if possible, get to the nearest Apple store and check one out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.