New 2.13 MBA Owner - Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Jsimon9633, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Jsimon9633 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I recently pulled the trigger on the Rev C MBA. and it will arrive to me this coming week.

I have a couple of questions that maybe all can help me with.

1. I did not buy it at Apple store but an authorized reseller, Can I still go to the Apple store if I have issues with it?

2. The...lines issue: Is there a quick way to test it, something like the dead pixel test screens? How do I quickly Identify if mine suffers from this issue?

3. Is the only dvd drive that can be used the one that Apple sells? Can I Use one that is powered via regular power plug?

4. Any specific tips you guys can provide are appreciated :)

Thanks and cheers
    Alberto

2. Balthezor macrumors member

Balthezor

You can use any USB drive with a USB 2.0 connection. I used a HP one.

3. Jsimon9633 thread starter macrumors regular

sweet I have an Hp one already so thats good

4. h1d macrumors regular

2. I can see them on default Leopard wallpaper (of purple and black colors). If you think you don't see them, let it go and forget. This morning I saw horizontal lines on my curtains and quickly figured I'm getting too much into it...

5. Jsimon9633 thread starter macrumors regular

haha yeah man its like dead pixels on my iphone, once i saw them it was ALL OVER I saw more and more on almost anything I saw

6. Balthezor macrumors member

Balthezor

I suggest not looking for the lines. You actually can't see them if you move the screen down just a tiny bit. You can only see them in one angle, for me at least.

7. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I disagree with this statement. I always saw them.

The other problem is that the display with the lines is noticeable dimmer and duller in color than a display without.

If you can't see them, just move on, otherwise you will lose your mind as many of us here have (people have actually removed the Rev A screens and swapped them with Rev C, which is not easy).

Good luck, hope you get a good one!