New 2012 Air & ML dual boot Win7, now booting directly to Win7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by winston-smith, Oct 15, 2012.

1. winston-smith macrumors newbie

So I attempted to dual boot my new Macbook Air (Mountain Lion) with Windows 7, and

failed spectacularly in the process. The Mac just boots straight into Windows now.

No boot menu and I can't seem to find a way to boot to Mac OS X. Hoping someone

here can help.

Here's how I got into this mess:

- Created a bootable Windows 7 USB key with an x64 Windows 7 ISO using Windows

USB/DVD download tool

- Ran bootcamp on the Mac, unticking the option to create a bootable windows disk

- Chose a partition size of 64GB for the Window partition

- At this point I think the Mac tried to reboot itself, but as I was typing in a

browser window at the time I seem to have cancelled that by mistake. So (and this is

where I think I went wrong), I manually rebooted but with the Windows USB stick in

the USB slot.

- The Mac rebooted and the windows stick took over, and I chose to install to the

64GB partition I made in Bootcamp.

- This all went fine, but the mac now boots straight into Windows, but seems to be

missing drivers for lots of stuff, most importantly the wireless network card.

I can't see any way to get back to Mac OS X. I've subsequently read about a tool

called rEFIt that I was perhaps supposed to run before bootcamping, but I haven't

done that to date.

Is there any way to trash the windows partition and get back to Mac OS?

Thanks

2. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Reset the PRAM.

When turning on the machine hold down the CMD + OPTION + P + R, Keys, keep holding, you'll hear the apple bong, then you'll hear another one, as soon as you hear the second let go and it should boot to mac.

3. YoungKevin macrumors member

Go to system preferences and go to start up disk and choose OS X instead of BOOTCAMP

4. Tingler macrumors member

Click on the Boot Camp icon in the System Tray and click "Restart in Mac OS X".

[​IMG]