New 21.5" iMac available on 2nd November in the UK

Discussion in 'iMac' started by adit, Oct 25, 2012.

1. adit macrumors member

Just got off the phone with local apple shop in the Trafford Centre as I was enquiring about the 2011 iMac and got told they have no stock of any iMacs.

However he said the next delivery is scheduled for 2nd November. I then asked is this for the 2011 iMac or the new 2012 iMac? And his response was for the new ones launched earlier this week.

Hopefully their was some truth in this.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Interesting news. Information from store employees is always a coin toss, but Nov 2 seems logical b/c Apple needs to have this stocked to the rafters for Black Friday and they have a lot of stores to fill + individual orders.

3. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

I can't imagine it's anything but the new imac. They don't advertise the 2011 imac on their website anymore (unless refurb). And they did say the 21 would be ready in November. Maybe some less reputable stores may try and flog off the older ones at the same price, but an apple store would never do that.

4. MacMiguel macrumors regular

Good news! I suposse the same date for Spain too....

5. brian017 macrumors regular

What would the shipping wait be like in Tier 2 countries? Immediate dispatch or 3-4 weeks like the iPhone and iPad?

6. MacMiguel macrumors regular

It's difficult to try selling the old model instead of the new model, the new model is bloody different, there's no place to confussion

7. Mister Bumbo macrumors 6502

Probably sooner, the iMacs aren't as popular as the iPhones and iPads. If there is a delay I wouldn't expect it to be that long at all.

8. MacMiguel macrumors regular

And more expensive, i think an iMac is for professional users, an higher target than the iPhone...

9. d0nK macrumors 6502

If the 21.5" had a 7200rpm HD I would be a very happy man. Shame :mad:
    No, I'm not willing to pay an extra £400 in order to get a 7200rpm HD or a fusion drive!
    grrrrrrrr

10. MacMiguel macrumors regular

I know it's expensive but i've not alternative to the 21.5 basic model. I've not more money and there's not another option to buy...

11. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Hey, not saying it will happen, but there is always a chance during the early stages of a new release. There's a sucka born every minute!

12. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I just want some news on the 27", I suppose I should be grateful it was announced at all.

13. Mic2904, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

Mic2904 macrumors 6502

I am off that week *jumpingupanddown*

Hope thats true.

My pal is working in a Apple Reseller in Aachen, Germany and apparently thats the date they a giving out to customers.