new 4S want to sell JB unlocked 4 with 4.0.1 help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by moooboy, Oct 15, 2011.

1. moooboy macrumors newbie

my 4S came in yesterday and i have a question. When i go to sell my jailbroke, unlocked iphone 4 how do i delete personal data without losing the JB and Unlock? I dont care about apps and such, just personal data,email.contacts.ect its on 4.0.1 thanks for any help

also, do i need to wait to clean my 4 before activating my 4s?

can i just delete personal info in itunes? and delete apps that are personal?

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

3. smash1031 macrumors member

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow:D
    Stay away from Jailbreaking.

5. smash1031 macrumors member

Thnx for the help. Jeez.

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

You were this new once as well.

Blobs are basically what cydia says "Make my life easier"

It stores your phones information on cydias servers and allows you to downgrade to an earlier version of iOS. No need to be flustered from Applejuiced. He's a first page leg-humper.

7. smash1031 macrumors member

Ok so my shsh is: 4.3.3, 4.3.5

I just wanna sell this thing with the jailbreak intact, but I wanna purge the phone of all my personal info/data. Thanks in advance.

8. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Just do a restore and setup as new.

----------

when you restore, use the iOS that you have on there. Don't upgrade it.

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Hey, don't ask him to do this. If he does this, his Iphone is no longer unlocked. He has the 01.59 baseband and it is very valuable. So, even he restore the firmware he has blobs with, he still need to cook it so he can preserve the baseband. As you know, 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 have 04.10 baseband and it can't be unlocked with Ultrasn0w.

10. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Ah, yes. You are correct. I'm terribly sorry, OP.

11. moooboy thread starter macrumors newbie

not sure what to do. My phone is on ebay and its going up up up
    If i have to i will just clear all personal apps,addresses, and anything else i think it personal to ship it.

12. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you are not comfortable to restore it with a newer version which you have blobs while preserving baseband, then manually delete information on it is okay. However, I SAID, NEVER, NEVER hit "Erase All Content and settings". If you do that, your phone will hang.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Create a custom JB 4.3.3 IPSW using pwnage tool or snowbreeze.
    That will allow you to restore it to 4.3.3 while maintaining your unlockable baseband.
    When the restore is done and itunes asks you to restore from backup or setup as new select setup as new phone.
    None of your info will be on the phone and it will be still unlockable and ready to go.

14. moooboy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all the help
    i think im going to just manually delete as much as possible. I dont want to risk crashing it since its up to 300 dollars with 2 days to go

15. enferrari macrumors newbie

You can try and use ifaith to manually save your 4.0.1 shsh BUT its kind of risky because there are chances of when you will get stuck in a DFU loop.

16. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Since you have blobs, you can erase completely and still have 1.59. I and countless others have done this.
    Applejuiced forgot to mention that you start tiny umbrella's server, but he got the basic gist of it.
    Addendum to Applejuiced's advice:
    D/l tiny umbrella. Check that server is directed to cydia, who hosts your blobs.
    After creating custom iOS, per Applejuiced's directions, start the server in tu. Install in iTunes.
    You will likely have to kick out of recovery with tu, but that's easy.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, what the cat said above.
    Or if you dont want to bother just get your contacts, texts, emails, apps and everything off manually.
    Up to you.

18. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Eastercat, it is sound like rocket science. I rather pay someone to do it for me. :D

19. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Just curious why go to 4s when your jailbroken phone will do everything 4s will do and more. Untethered jailbreak wont be out any time soon. I tried my wifes 4s and seems faster but no way it can do what jailbroken phone does

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Because the 4S is better obviously.
    And with a JB it will do lots more better and faster than the i4.

21. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

I agree the 4s is faster and has some different options but have you tried clock up and folder enhancments with 4G. My 4 runs very fast. The internet might not be as fast as 4s but does much much more. Siri is cool but not cool enough to get a better notification screen with Lock Info and Tlert. Sure they might come up with Jailbreak but prob will be no time soon. If so will be tethered and would not touch that. My Jailbreak 4 does 10 times more than a 4s. I would have waited until the actual jailbreak came out prior to buying.

22. war eagle macrumors 6502a

This what I always do:
    1. Erase all text, call logs, etc.
    2. Remove all apps via iTunes,music, etc.
    3. Go into settings> store> logout ( this removes your apple id from phone)
    4. Settings > safari clear all that stuff it allows you to
    5. Delete photos from camera roll manually
    6. All done

Should be stock

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I see you're trying to convince yourself that you're ok staying with the i4.:)

24. moooboy, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

moooboy thread starter macrumors newbie

because i havent had to pay for a new iphone since the first 2g. I always sell the previous model for more than the new one,since they are always jb and unlocked from the first day it available. If you wait to sell the previous too long they become worth very little. My 4 IS AT 405.00 now and the auction ends tonight. I have a faster phone now 4S with 32gb instead of the 16. I will JB the 4S as soon as it becomes available and be on the first 4S software and baseband. I've done the 2g,3,3gs and now 4 this way. I really dont care about the unlock anymore since i willl always be with ATT(company pays my unlimited cell, messaging and internet.) When we go to south america twice a year ill just buy a prepaid phone for cell until there is an unlock(if ever) for the 4S. I'll sell the 4S when the 5 comes out.

25. HUGE AL macrumors regular

Confirming The Procedure for a 3G

Running iOS 3.1.2
    BB 05.11.07

Jailbroken and unlocked via blackra1n.

To clear all the info to sell, all I have to do is "Erase All Content and Settings" correct?