New 5S rattles: OCD. Please Assist

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eric3312, Oct 28, 2013.

1. eric3312 macrumors 6502

Hello everyone. I have searched these forums and have heard a lot about this issue and you may already know about this. Let me apologize in advance if I bother you.

I am diagnosed with OCD and have been suffering with the illness my whole life. I get the new iPhone every year because I love the technology but I worry so much about keeping it in perfect condition that I won't even bring the device with me when out and about.

With that being said, I just got my iPhone 5S replaced because the screen was loose and the "Genius" at the apple store recommended it. He pulled out a brand new one and got me set up. I notice now, which I only noticed at first when the phone vibrated, a little rattling noise. I picked up the phone and shook it a little bit and heard the same thing.

I called Apple twice to see what they said and they both recommended going back to get another replacement.

However, when I read posts on here, it sounds normal and just the camera lens?

Could someone who is still reading my post by this point please let me know what I should do? I don't want to be using a defective product. But if it's not a big deal then I can live with it. As long as I know it's nothing to worry about and my camera and the rest of the phone will work perfectly.

Thank you all for your time. I really do appreciate a mature, honest response.

Eric

2. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 5s rattles a bit if I shake it. My iPhone 5 did it as well. I think it may be the camera lens (that is what I have read), but it may also be the sleep/wake button. It is normal.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Most iPhones do this, every one I have had has done this and there are many threads about it.

Some phones seem to either do it less, or their users just don't notice. But it's nothing to be concerned about.

4. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

OCD here too, ive had 5 iphone 5s. They all rattle, its the camera, it has to be like that. your safe dont worry! :)

5. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

Fellow OCD sufferer here. I know the feeling all too well. It is completely normal to have that rattle, its just the camera lens. Tap the back of the phone near the lens and you can hear it.

Cheers!

6. gCloud macrumors 6502a

The rattle from the camra lens is normal.
    The rattle from a loose sleep button is not. Take a video or voice memo while moving arround, if u hear the rattle in the playback then ur phone is not perfect.
    Having said that, it is just a phone and nothing is perfect, any other phone u buy will come with it's own manufacturing problems. I suggest ether livng with it or returning for a refund and looking for something else, maybe something cheaper. Dont belive johnny ives bs videos about precision.
    Imo, quality of apple products have taken a big hit in recent years, they are not better than other brands anymore but the are not worse either, but apple have by far better customer service for now.
    Live with it or get rid if it and move on, dont obsess about it.