New 64gb touch speakers sound crappy vs 32gb 2nd gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nocturnal22, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

I have a 32gb 2nd gen and a New 3rd gen 64gb and the 32gb 2nd gen sound's clear at max speaker volume and the 64gb sounds very distorted on the max volume is that normal??? plus the 64gb has a blue hue to the screen compared to the 32gb is that just how the new screens look? anyone have any insight cause im hoping i just got a crappy one that i can get replaced or fixed. THANKS

2. MikeTheRocker96 macrumors member

MikeTheRocker96

This is very odd. I have never heard of this before. Take it to your local Apple Store and have a Genius look it over. If it's faulty you may get a replacement.:D

3. Lok3sh macrumors newbie

yes i have the 64 gb and noticed that the speaker is crappy as all hell compared to my old 8gb touch... and about the hue of the screen, I dont really notice it... the screen just seems a little duller than the 8gb version that i had... all in all im very disappointed with the 64 gb... the number of bugs it has in itself is crazy.

btw a quick fix for the speaker thing is to put ur EQ on bass reduction. the speaker will then sound almost as good as the old ipod touch speakers. but this means that bass reduction will be on for the headphones as well and you have to keep turning it on and off depending on weather u are using the speaker or not. which i found ridiculous, so im just living with the crappy quality. enjoy the 64 gb touch... im very bitter at apple right now

4. Nocturnal22 thread starter macrumors 6502

well that sucks anyone else have a new 64gb and a 2nd gen ipod care to give anymore insight between the speakers? im still gonna call apple tho...

5. hdbrill1 macrumors newbie

I disagree. I have the 64gb touch and I am really happy with it. Sure, the speaker isn't great, but you don't buy an iPod for its speaker. The 64 is extremely fast compared to previous generations and it has double the memory. Not to mention IT HOLDS 64 GB!!! Who wants an 8 gig iPod anyway?

6. Lok3sh macrumors newbie

i doubt apple is going to be of much help regarding the speaker, but if you do end up having some luck, let me know! because as far as i know, all the 64gb ipods have the same quality on the speakers

7. Moocher macrumors regular

I didn't think much of it because the only touch I have for comparison is a 1g, but today I was using a friend's 3g 32 gb. The speaker was noticeably better than my 64 gb. I think I'll make an appointment at the genius bar. I also have a hard time keeping a wifi connection, even 5 feet from the time capsule.

Mooch

8. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Huh- I guess it varies between units. I have a 32GB 3G touch (first batch- ordered it immediately after the announcement hehe) and the speakers are very quiet and crappy compared to my friends' 8GB 2G touch and my iPhone. My friends' 64GB Touch's speaker sounds better than mine- louder and less distorted. Very strange.