new ad (home movies) anti-gay-look for backlash

ShovelHead84

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2006
orlando
well i am not gay and i havent talked to any of my gay acquaintances about it but i am willing to bet that the guy dressed like a chick is going to mobilize an anti-Apple anti-iPod movement… and dont think it wont be effective… gays are willing to sacrifice rather than participate in something or buy something that is (presumed by them) anti-gay…

ShovelHead84

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2006
orlando
Sesshi: that is why the gays wont like accept it and they wont let Apple get away with it… it may be handled quietly for the moment with talks between Apple and gay groups (they all have the other's phone number) but it will end up on CNN and Apple will capitulate (fopr the error of their ways)…

Apache: what you don't know will hurt Apple…

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
ShovelHead84 said:
Sesshi: that is why the gays wont like accept it and they wont let Apple get away with it… it may be handled quietly for the moment with talks between Apple and gay groups (they all have the other's phone number) but it will end up on CNN and Apple will capitulate (fopr the error of their ways)…

...this is almost laughable. I have respect for gays, but you seem like you're searching for controversy (you're really stretching it here). Apple has, historically, been very popular with gay males (am I right?), as gays are typically more fashion concious than heterosexuals - I don't think that'll change because of an ad.

ShovelHead84

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2006
orlando
Apache: many white peeps couldnt understand why black folks were offended by that guy in blackface singing "Mammy"…

HungrySeacow

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
West Palm Beach
ShovelHead84 said:

It really bugs me when ignorant people use the phrase "the gays". Do you also use the phrase, "the blacks"?

Oh, BTW, I am gay and found the commercial to be in good taste. Granted, vniow is correct. Though I am not a transgendered person, or a transvestite, if I were either, I still would not be offended by the commercial.

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
ShovelHead84 said:

It's funny. End of discussion.

I'm gay and it's pretty obvious that the guy is straight and it's a gag. Lots of straight guys dress up as women and it has nothing to do with being gay.

Have you seen the television show "little britain"? Or for that matter any other number of shows or movies where a guy dresses up as a woman? They're all over the place and as long as none of the dialogue is overtly anti-gay it's usually taken for exactly what it is; comedy.

Get over it.

And what's this about phone numbers? Your reasoning is beyond belief!

Edited to add the last line.

MBPchef

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2006
SF CA
I know Im a little late on this thread, but I just ran across it and had to post.

I, nor any of my friends, found this ad to be anything more than funny. Its an ugly dude in a dress. Holy Sh*t.

One more thing, take a look at the original Apple logo...... looks alot like the Gay Pride Flag.

:)

-J

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.