New Ads

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
2,478
2
Seem kinda blah to me this time around. The whole Mac/PC campaign has been so parodied that the new ads seem like parodies themselves.

Where's Ellen Feiss when you need her?
 

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
1,401
0
CO
The MagSafe one is terrific - a very, very simple feature that the mainstream consumer is probably unaware of.

These new three ads just seem a bit more fun and relaxed - not as smug and arrogant as some of the other ones.
 

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
1,243
1
Montreal, Quebec
They spyware one is great.

Apple only updates the front page only so often. So either they won't update for a nother few weeks (when new updates are out) or this has been posted so intime for new updates (withen the next few days). I'm not sure which one I think is mor accurate.

But, they wouldn't put these up if there was an update tomorrow.
 

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
1,401
0
CO
DJMastaWes said:
They spyware one is great.

Apple only updates the front page only so often. So either they won't update for a nother few weeks (when new updates are out) or this has been posted so intime for new updates (withen the next few days). I'm not sure which one I think is mor accurate.

But, they wouldn't put these up if there was an update tomorrow.
This is a good point - basically, we know that if the Macbook is updated soon, it won't come with a case redesign! To be sure, though, the Macbook is selling so well as it is I don't think Apple feels much pressure to update it anytime soon...

The Macbook Pro, on the other hand...;)
 

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
649
0
Earth
These are pretty cool.

But why does Justin Long look... different?

Like it's not him or something.

The spyware one amuses me.
 

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
1,691
8
NJ/NYC
thegreatluke said:
These are pretty cool.

But why does Justin Long look... different?
Definitely because of his long hair...and he is definitely more stylish since the release of his latest movie "Accepted," which was very very good by the way!

Anyway...I think these new series of commercials are a dead give away of new products to come. (being a bit optimistic here:D but definitely not far out there)
 

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
1,243
1
Montreal, Quebec
MattyMac said:
Definitely because of his long hair...and he is definitely more stylish since the release of his latest movie "Accepted," which was very very good by the way!

Anyway...I think these new series of commercials are a dead give away of new products to come. (being a bit optimistic here:D but definitely not far out there)
Yeap, that's waht I think but more importantly, hope.
 

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
3,070
3
Calgary, AB
*yawn*

the only appealing part was the pop sound at the end of the accident one. It's a nice feature and that little gives it some character. Beyond that I still don't see the appeal of these ads.

then again, I'm not the target audience. I'm already sold
 

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
1,197
0
I actually like these alot, the madsafe one is pretty good.

I will miss this ad campain when it is over. ;)
 

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
2,944
0
Alameda, CA
thedude110 said:
Seem kinda blah to me this time around. The whole Mac/PC campaign has been so parodied that the new ads seem like parodies themselves.
I really don't think the general public is very aware of the parodies... only the hard-core internet geek crowd.
 

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
1,243
1
Montreal, Quebec
Flowbee said:
I really don't think the general public is very aware of the parodies... only the hard-core internet geek crowd.
Agreed. I told my friends about the "Redmond, start your photocopiers" an I laughed quiet hard. And there like "What!?!"