Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I have an AirPort card I have gotten for Chrustmas, I have a KeyLime iBook 466mhz SE FireWire, DVD 320mb RAM and OS 9.0.4 and Mac OS 10.1.5. I installed the AirPort software on the CD for OS 9 and X. Now in OS X when I got to setup the airport card it says there is no AirPort Hardware found. So then I thought it maybe was OS X. So now I restart to OS 9.0.4 and I tried there, I installed the software and it says that No AirPort Hardware can be found. I don't know why this is happedning the card is brand new. I have downloaded movies and instruction from Apple and I do exactly what they say and it doesn't work! Please help as soon as possible. If it doesn't work I guess I'll have to bring it to The Apple Store and have them install it.

Also I can't restart to OS X, I have OS 9.0.4 and starup disk doesn't display the OS. :( HELP!

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
I don't know about the Airport Card, but you need 9.1 to restart in X. You could try holding down the key 'x' when you start the computer, granted you have both on the same partition.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: New AirPort card problems with iBook 466mhz

Originally posted by LimeiBook86
I have an AirPort card I have gotten for Chrustmas, I have a KeyLime iBook 466mhz SE FireWire, DVD 320mb RAM and OS 9.0.4 and Mac OS 10.1.5. I installed the AirPort software on the CD for OS 9 and X. Now in OS X when I got to setup the airport card it says there is no AirPort Hardware found. So then I thought it maybe was OS X. So now I restart to OS 9.0.4 and I tried there, I installed the software and it says that No AirPort Hardware can be found. I don't know why this is happedning the card is brand new. I have downloaded movies and instruction from Apple and I do exactly what they say and it doesn't work! Please help as soon as possible. If it doesn't work I guess I'll have to bring it to The Apple Store and have them install it.

Also I can't restart to OS X, I have OS 9.0.4 and starup disk doesn't display the OS. :( HELP!
Working in Apple service, most of time when an Airport card isnt being reconized it is by one thing the customer did not do. When you install the airport card, make sure the antenna is plugged into the card. This is probably the biggest reason i see for the airport card not being reconzed. If that doesnt work then there could something else wrong. but try that first. i have a feeling that may be your problem. good luck.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.