Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twfleming

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
My iphone was the first apple product I have ever purchased. I have been extremely happy since day one. I got my phone 3 days after launch. They sold out before I could get one on opening day.

At first I was a little upset with the 200 dollar price drop. I expected a price drop soon but like many I didnt think it would be this soon or that much. I dont have any regrets though. I still love my phone.

Based on my experience with my phone I decided to swith to the new imac when it came out. However I have not recieved my new imac from my local retailer.

Today I reconsidered being an early adopter of the new imac for 2 reasons. One, leopard will be out soon, and two, the holidays will be here soon after that. Normally neither of these events would deter me from buying but after todays annoncment I cant help but feel a little nervous about pulling the trigger.

I now think I should be a little more cautious and wait to see what happens.

I have alot of friends who are avid apple fans. All of them were a little thrown back with the price cut so soon.

Im not going to argue with apples decisions but I do have to wonder how it will affect future early adopters.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
There is always going to be something new coming out.

After spending some time with the new imac at the store I think this is their best by far.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
There is always going to be something new coming out.

After spending some time with the new imac at the store I think this is their best by far.

I would agree. Also, dont worry about leopard, that's not a big deal at all.

jarenado

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Florida
Double-edged Sword

Yes it sucks about the price drop and Im sorry to hear about it for all the early adopters.....But, thats why people like apple products, because they are always coming out with new and better things quickly. When I got the 4g Ipod, literally 3 months later there was a ipod photo, and then the nano. With your computer, price will drop but thats always going to happen with technology, so my advice, would be to wait for leopard, and then bite the bullet and buy the iMac.

beate

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Im not going to argue with apples decisions but I do have to wonder how it will affect future early adopters.

I think true Early Adopters will take this in stride as it's quite normal and to be expected.

The problem is many who bought the iPhone right of are not true Early Adopters and so are surprised...stunned...disgusted...etc, etc, etc.

I always wait for the bugs to be worked out, the product to be improved and the price to come down - on everything - except this time. It was worth it for me to have it on day 1 and I don't regret it. I've had at least $200 worth of pleasure and convenience in the past two months, I believe.

Gregory

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2001
Detroit, MI
I agree. . . : ) Im too a First Day Buyer, and I love my iPhone, even if I knew it would be cheaper in 2 months, I still would buy it. . . just because. . .
and with No regrets at all. . . . so I dont know why people complain about it.

Because stuff like this happens everyday with everything, so give apple a break. Im glad its cheaper now, I can buy my wife one, eariler now. Thanks Apple : )

lilnyc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I'm happy with mine. I bought it on iDay for $600, and have no regrets.

The only bummer is that like the Razr that went from $500 to $90, the ego meter will drop a bit as now every Tom, Dick and Jane will be flipping through album art, etc. on their touch iPods or CHEAPer iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.