New Apple in-ear headphones with iPhone (NOT the usual questions)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jawzzy, Dec 11, 2008.

1. jawzzy macrumors regular

I KNOW that some features of the new in-ear headphones do not work with the iPhone, my question is:

Are the new headphones future proof, that is, is it the iPhone that will be updated to support the headphone features or the headphones that will be updated to support the iPhone?

I would like to buy the new headphones NOW for use with an old iPod, but I would also like to know if the headphones I buy will be fully compatible with future iterations of the iPhone which I plan to get in a year or two.

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

I would say they are future proof, theres no chip in them I dont think, just a mic and a volume switch. The iPhone is the one that needs to be updated to support the new volume controls, because that is really all that is not supported from what I have read

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Not sure how anyone could know but I would guess that the new headphones are as future proof as a set could be. I'm thinking the next iPhone will have the extra connector that the current gen lacks.

4. jawzzy thread starter macrumors regular

So it's the iPhone that is missing the connector in the headphone jack. And everyone thinks that Apple will update the iPhone with this?

Also, how is the cord noise on the headphones. I tried a pair of creative headphones and the cord noise was unbearable. What is it like on Apple's?

Could I go to an Apple store to try them? Or will they not let you put them in your ears?