New Apple Mouse

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Hi Guys,

Sitting here at my desk in an AppleCentre In Australia and I was just bought to the attention that the Apple Pro Mouse Black is no longer on apple part ordering lists.. (we tried to place an oder and it refused)

From my service position I have also noticed part 922-4203 Apple Pro Mouse has 0 in stock with no shipments expected any time soon!

Whats going on?

New mice are on there way????

Aslo to note, the White pro mouse has changed products codes (apparently)

Cheers

DigitalRampage

Eslyjah

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2002
Prediction

I'm predicting a bluetooth, multi-button mouse with scroll wheel.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
Re: Prediction

Originally posted by Eslyjah
I'm predicting a bluetooth, multi-button mouse with scroll wheel.
even if they make a bluetooth mouse they will still need to allow others to order normal mice... i guess it will still be a corded mouse... maybe a cordless mouse will be a second option

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
ok, just for kicks i went and added all the apple mice (white/black) and keyboards (white/black) into my shopping cart... since when does it take 40 days for a black mouse to ship and everything else only 3 days?

i guess new mice are on the horizon... that or its hard to make black mice all of a sudden :)

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Bay Area, Ca.
I think apple is discontinuing the black hardware.

Funny when I got my black pro mouse replacement from apple it had a note that they were 'low on stock' on the invoice thingy. 256 left.

heh, I guess they really were. Such as life. They already discontinued the black pro speakers.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
As long as they don't replace it with a snow coloured thingy only...... Eww....... :p

I still much prefer the black/graphite Pro Keyboard/Pro mouse set up than the snow/white coloured versions.........

Maybe they're going the Ti colour..... now that'd be nice....... :D

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
I've said since January (before the dual gigs came out) that Apple would not do black mouse/keyboard because it doesn't match. The imac now has white, and it seems that Apple is going white/silver with their line up. Neither which goes with black (white/white, silver/silver, etc)

So if the new towers go white, then the white keyboard/mouse are done. But looking at the xServe, I'd have to say that Apple is probably going silver on the towers, so maybe a clear mouse/keyboard (no black or white) or a new mouse/keyboard but I don't think black.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
what I don't get then is that the new iMac & the eMac both use the new white Pro Mouse...

if Apple had a new mouse to release....why would they pull a stunt like that?

reminds me of the hockey puck mouse they pulled on everyone....they added it to every system...then pulled it after the first revision of the G4 tower...

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
it would be neat to see a 2 button mouse by apple with a scroll wheel...but i love my 4 button (and scroll wheel) ms intellimouse optical since its the best mouse i ever used (even tho it dces on me on xp)...n the software better be also for mac or i'll be yelling alot/seeing if theres mac software for intellipoint out there (then)/just use the mouse that comes with the puter lol

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
does anyone happen to know if this is happening in America too? cause it'd be cool if this isnt just an apple australia thing...

I'd like a new mouse and keyboard. they'd better put the power button back on the keyboard! I love that...dont want a bluetooth mouse.

j763

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
dude, if an apple mouse did come out, it would be released in the US first. the comments about apple australia are just because they're pretty infamous for f*cking things up... u name it, they just can't do it right -- marketing, distribution, website, etc.etc.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
i just checked the apple store again and the shipping estimate for a black pro mouse is down to 1-2 days.... looks like we got our hopes up for nothing... perhaps apple just decided to change product numbers for the fun of it

it was certainly a good and hopeful rumors... i'd love to see a bluetooth mouse or some other new input device standard on all new macs