Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Country music singer Kenny Chesney is the focus of the latest Apple Music advertisement, which aired last night during the Country Music Association awards on ABC. Taking a glimpse behind the scenes of Chesney's "No Shoes Nation" tour, the ad shows the singer going through a day of preparing for his next concert by creating a "Show Day List" playlist on Apple Music and touting the service's "human element."

Chesney can also be seen working out with an Apple Watch early on in the ad, checking on his progress with the help of the device's activity rings. The one-minute ad ends with a promotion for Apple Music's three month free trial, which still runs for any new users signing up for the music streaming service.

kenny-chesney-apple-music-1-800x325.jpg

Apple has been debuting a wave of commercials as the holiday season grows nearer, not only for Apple Music but for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Article Link: New Apple Music Ad Goes Behind-the-Scenes of Kenny Chesney's Tour

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Apple should rather focus on improving the overall user experience as being promised...ads are cool though.

Last edited:

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
Having spoken in front of a lot of people (10,000), it is kind of fun to sit in the stands and think, "Hey, a bunch of people in these seats will hear what I have to say. Cool!" (and then think, "I hope I give them their money's worth...")

That's what I thought of when I saw that picture of Kenny sitting in the stands.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Who said they were improving it ;)

Easier to just market than fix !

Haha! Seriously though, marketing only goes so far. It's why the "Apple products only sell because of the Apple logo" argument is so weak. People might buy a product because of an ad, but if they think it sucks, they will either return it, or simply not buy another one.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Nice ad. Even if I don't like the music.

The only reason I know who Kenny Chesney is is because he was married for a few months to Renee Zellweger, which is as much of a WTF as Lyle Lovett's also short-lived marriage to Julia Roberts. I'll add that I love Lyle Lovett . . . And that forays into popular culture can be relaxing.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Haha! Seriously though, marketing only goes so far. It's why the "Apple products only sell because of the Apple logo" argument is so weak. People might buy a product because of an ad, but if they think it sucks, they will either return it, or simply not buy another one.

Agreed. I'd be interested how many people went on to continue with Apple Music after the fee trial. i suspect it might fall into the return category .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.