New Apple Quicksilver Mouse M8733G/A

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Apple has a new quicksilver mouse on our price list.. Black mice are no longer available

However the new mouse is $132.00 AUD over the old $99.00AUD for the Black ones...

Grumble

Cheers

DigitalRampage

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
Originally posted by firewire2001
huh?
Digital Rampage works at an AppleStore in Sydney. He said a while back that the shipping on the currnet mice had been jacked up to 2 months or some crazy amount of time. Now he's saying that their price lists no longer show the old mice, but instead have new mice listed...

GabrielX

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2002
Omaha
Re: New Apple Quicksilver Mouse M8733G/A

Originally posted by digitalrampage
Apple has a new quicksilver mouse on our price list.. Black mice are no longer available

However the new mouse is $132.00 AUD over the old $99.00AUD for the Black ones...

Grumble

Cheers

DigitalRampage
Is the product ID number in the subject the supposed ID number for the mouse? If so, I think something's screwed up.

The product ID for the black mouse is M8733G/A, and there is no way that Apple will give a different product the same product number.

Gabriel
(Hell, the white mouse is M8690G/A .)

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Codes

The old Black mouse was M7697ZM/A

The new unknown mouse is M8733G/A (See Attachment)

m8690G/A Is the white mouse

The purchasing guy here has access to a different parts list and its says "Grey" or something along those lines

All I can take from that is that the new mouse is 'QuickSilver' in colour rather then black

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
ITSA: Product Inventory for M8733G/A _
Product_________: M8733G/A__________ _________________________Open_Order_Qty__: ____xxxxxx
Description_____: APPLE_PRO_MOUSE-GEN_

Thats all I can devulge, I cant screen shot anything but PIC files

digitalrampage

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Also to note

Product codes

922-4718
and
922-4719 have now come on to the Service Part Database

They are marked as 'Mouse ASSY' ONLY (Unlike, Mouse PRO, or Mouse BB, Mouse SB, Muse TG, etc for colours....)

These are the latest parts. One is the White mouse, do not know what the other is.....

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
I hope they have new mouse and thanks for telling us such detailed info about it. ( It helps to have the an insider in Apple, even if it is just the store;) )

Keep us posted plz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.