New Apps hide in my iPhone and appear out of the blue...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thehickoks, Apr 13, 2010.

1. thehickoks macrumors newbie

I download and try free apps in bulk... Sometimes apps don't show up until I do random things, such as moving another app to a different page or delete another app from the phone...

This happened yesterday when I moved an app across a few pages... all of a sudden, 3 apps that were not visible (but I remember downloading/syncing from my macbook) just showed up on one of the pages, as if they were hiding between pages or something..

any ideas?

2. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

How many apps do you have installed? If you go over the limit (11 homescreens' worth), it pushes the extras off the "end" and they won't become visible until you remove some of the visible apps. It could be that it doesn't check for gaps on the visible homescreens (and thus move the invisible apps into those spaces) until you start rearranging apps.

3. thehickoks thread starter macrumors newbie

Why on earth is there a limit of 11?

?????????????

4. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

No idea; it could be a memory issue, or it could just be another arbitrary limit imposed by Apple. Hopefully they'll increase it with OS 4.0 (it used to be 10). And the addition of the folders function will help, too.