new archos jukebox

gerror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
He all,

Did anybody check the new Archos Jukebox Multimedia?
http://www.archos.com/us/products/product_jbmm.html

Damn, this thing is gonna be great with all the extra modules. And sharing file with your pc friends (not that I have those kind of friends ;) .
I'm sorry but this is te reason I haven't bought a iPod, I'm waithing untill this baby comes out.

APPLE, MAKE A IPOD JUKEBOX AND I'LL BUY ONE

Gerror

Skip

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2002
California
This is good because it will put some pressure on Apple to get it in gear. There is no reason that Apple would not want to incorporate these same things with all the digital hub talk. It is just a matter of time and maybe now we will get it sooner with Archos putting this out. I am impressed with Archos for doing this first. Great ideas! Now Apple just has to do it better. No worries here :)

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Re: new archos jukebox

Originally posted by gerror
He all,

Did anybody check the new Archos Jukebox Multimedia?
http://www.archos.com/us/products/product_jbmm.html

Damn, this thing is gonna be great with all the extra modules. And sharing file with your pc friends (not that I have those kind of friends ;) .
I'm sorry but this is te reason I haven't bought a iPod, I'm waithing untill this baby comes out.

APPLE, MAKE A IPOD JUKEBOX AND I'LL BUY ONE

Gerror
The iPod already is a jukebox. :D

Words of wisdom: iPod is some of the best $ I ever spent. You won't be dissapointed. I have many PC freinds. You might learn something from them. ;)

-Archos Jukebox Multimedia-
10.2 oz
Doesn't work w/OS X
Looks like sh*t
8 hrs mp3 playback
internal buffer 16MB
Dimensions: 110 x 79 x 28 mm (4.3" x 3.1" x 1.1")
1.5" Display

-iPod-
6.5 oz
Works with OS X (of course)/Winblows (third-party)
Ive is a genius :)
10+ hrs playback
32 MB buffer
Dimensions: 102 x 61.8 x 19.9mm (4.02 x 2.43 x .78")
2" Display

More words of wisdom: Apple sets the standard. Don't hold your breath on anything coming along that's better for a while (or you might die :)).

gerror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
-Archos Jukebox Multimedia-
digital video/photo camera
vcr
microphone -

-iPod-
mp3player
small sized, but the archos also fits in my pocket
no mic
easy interface/buttons

both has their pro's and contra's, why don't apple make a mix of both.

I'll buy one archos for now and next year a iPodphonepdavcr ;)

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
but the archos also fits in my pocket
woah you must have huge pockets

But the ipod is amazing and it works seamlessly with itunes 2
does the archos do that

gerror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
But the ipod is amazing and it works seamlessly with itunes 2
Unfortunatly it doesn't work with iTunes but I can live with that.

woah you must have huge pockets
baggy trousers... ;)

I'm not dissing the iPod but I believe Apple isn't the only compagny who makes cool products

Gerror

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002

Unfortunatly it doesn't work with iTunes but I can live with that.

baggy trousers... ;)

I'm not dissing the iPod but I believe Apple isn't the only compagny who makes cool products

Gerror
You'd be dissin' them by buying an Archos. iPod=iTunes=Seamless Music Integration

Living without iTunes is pretty rough goin'.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
i think the archos looks quite good...

i mean, it's pretty cheap, it's pretty small (not as small as pod but still not terribly big like that one thing-i forget what it's called..) and it has a lot of functions.

also, we lived without itunes for quite a while really... it's a pretty new thing.

i could see someone buying this archos over the pod, so hopefully that fact will get apple to add some features... which would be the best end result.

sjs

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2002
GA
I think the concept is extremely cool and I'd love one.....if Apple made it.

If the software to get songs into the Archos and images off the Archos is anything like the rest of the software the windows world has, I don't want it. The iApps synch beautifully and work simply. No MS based junk for me. A device that doesn't interact seemlessly with a computer (hub) isn't worth the heartache.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by sjs
A device that doesn't interact seemlessly with a computer (hub) isn't worth the heartache.
Amen. More like headache, wasted time, and money. :D

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
if iTunes/iPod ever found out that I cheated on her with another mp3 player i would be sleeping on the couch....

no iTunes = bad times...

C-

gerror

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
If the software to get songs into the Archos and images off the Archos is anything like the rest of the software the windows world has, I don't want it. The iApps synch beautifully and work simply. No MS based junk for me. A device that doesn't interact seemlessly with a computer (hub) isn't worth the heartache.
Well, it just apears on the desktop like an harddisk. Drag and drop. Very Apple

Right now I Have the archos 6 gig mp3player and I bought it BEFORE the iPod was there. Everybody liked it. One of my friends bought one 2 days later. The only thing irritated was usb instead of firewire but archos solved it. And I must say: I prefer the size of the iPod

Oh, before I had a Samsung Yepp. 32mb. It was a present, but it s*cked

Gerror

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Very cool copy/upgrade to an iPod like device. But its a bit bigger than an iPod and I'd want to see the software before I went out and bought it.

One thing you can count on now, is that you won't see little snap on extras for the iPod, they look a little hokey. But the good thing is that if more of these come along, Apple is going to have to update the iPod to be better than the Archos jukebox, more features and seemless integration with the digital hub and lifestyle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.