New AT&T Family plan and 1 x iPhone, purchase at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Colonel Badger, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Colonel Badger macrumors 6502

OK,

So I'm moving to AT&T to get an iPhone. I need a family plan with 1 x iPhone and 1 x Ordinary phone (for the wife :) ). Do I need to go to AT&T or can I do this at Apple?

C. Badger.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

SInce the SNAFU will probably come with the differing devices, my money would be with AT&T.

3. hellrider macrumors regular

I would go to an AT&T store. I believe the only things you can do can at an Apple store are:

[​IMG]

4. iOrlando macrumors 68000

yeah you need to go to att...but they wont have iphones...they would order one for you.....

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

You can do the iPhone part of it at Apple. Just purchase the iPhone on an individual line and then swing by the AT&T store to get your second phone and create a FamilyTalk plan.

This will just merge your new iPhone AT&T individual plan into the FamilyTalk rate plan and add your wife's line as the second line.

Make sure that your iPhone is the Primary line on the FamilyTalk rate plan, this will allow you the highest MRC and the earliest upgrade date for your next iPhone.

Note: The reason that you can't complete the entire transaction at Apple is that they don't sell any other phone but the iPhone.

Dave

6. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I had a similar situation. I wanted a family plan with iPhone for me and normal phone for wife. However, AT&T stores here were all sold out of iPhone while the Apple store had them.

I ended up going to the Apple store and they set me up on a family plan with just my 1 line. Then, they had me to go to the AT&T store in the mall to add my wife's line on the normal phone.

7. Mac N Tosh macrumors regular

Ditto..

Bought the phone at Apple, walked downstairs to ATT to get the discount and add 5.00 texting...Too bad ATT screws their employees out of commission by not stocking the phone...But not my problem..
    I was amazed while at the ATT store they was giving the 3g phones as temporary phones until the customers 3Gs phones came in, instead of walking the three hundred feet to the Apple store...