New at&t prepaid $75 unlimited talk, text and data(200mb) plan? data works?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lariya, Oct 2, 2010.

1. lariya macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

there is a new data plan of att prepaid service and it just began its service from 1st October. I also put this service on my Iphone 4, but the data doesn't seem to be working right now.....

Does anyone share the same problem? I don't think ATT has right to block this service for prepaid iphone user if it is so..

or do I need to set something up for the data? I turned on 3g data and cellular data..

Thank you! have a good weekend.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes, AT&T does have a right to block iPhones from using prepaid and it is stated in the AT&T TOS.

Go to www.unlockit.co.nz on your iPhone and install the profile for AT&T. Reboot the phone and you are good to go.

3. lariya thread starter macrumors newbie

wow! I did what you told me to and now it works perfectly!
    thank you very much!!

-lariya

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Happy that you got it working. Just remember that 200MB doesn't go very far on an iPhone.

Also, AT&T throttles 3G speeds on prepaid. This means that you will likely only get about 300Kbps download speeds where as on post paid, you may get 2-3Mbps.

I never got above 300Kbps when I used to use prepaid on my 3G iPhone.

5. 76mqlq macrumors newbie

Lariya: I want to do the same and use my iphone 4 with the prepaid data plan of $75. currently i am under contract but would be willing to pay the ETF and go with the prepaid. did you have to change your sim card? thanks in advance!