New battery health drop it to 52% in one month of use

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hamzaouazzani, Nov 22, 2014.

1. hamzaouazzani macrumors newbie

Hello i just bought a new battery from ebay
    it's said it's original and new but in the first week was good until i saw in the last days the health of it dropping down and now it's 52%
    and here is picture from coconutbattery
    can you tell me what i can do please

[​IMG]

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

There's your problem right there.

Buy a genuine battery and throw out that piece of junk you cheaped out on. If it can't even hold its health for a week then imagine if it decides to balloon out in your computer or even catch fire.

You buy a premium product and use crappy off brand components: you get what you pay for.

3. hamzaouazzani thread starter macrumors newbie

here in morocco there is no official apple local

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoff" batteries. Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Resellers can easily be found with Apple's website:

https://www.apple.com/ma/buy/

I'm assuming you speak french.

6. hamzaouazzani thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you i'll check it out

there is any idea to know the battery is original or no ?

7. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Too bad then.

Your next best choice is to haul it off to an AASP for a battery replacement.

8. crawler1975 macrumors regular

crawler1975

well the only guaranteed way to know(in my opinion) if it is original (meaning Apple sanctioned) is to get it straight from Apple itself or anyone of their authorized channels (authorized service centers).

9. leman macrumors 604

You laptop does not have a user-removable battery. The only possibility to get an original battery is to take one out of a similar model or to get access to parts Apple ships to AASP. Those batteries are definitely not sold in free handle. I would recommend to treat every battery you can find on eBay etc. as a fake (or at least an used item). The way to change batteries on your model is to service it with an authorised service provider. If there are none in your country, I would recommend you a different computer brand. I would definitively not get a modern mac (or a modern car, for that matter) if there are no authorised service providers close to me.

10. hamzaouazzani thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you i work with logic for music thats why i use mac
    but i have brother in england hes coming soon so ill tell him to buy a battery from apple store

11. leman macrumors 604

I am afraid that you did not read my post completely. Your brother can't buy a battery from Apple store, because they simply don't sell them. Your laptop is not designed to have user-replaceable batteries. The only 'legit' way to replace the battery is to bring it to a service provider.

12. hamzaouazzani thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks i contacted apple to give me the official stores in morocco