New battery issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Confuzzeled23, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,
    This weekend I went on a trip where my phone was plugged into my car stereo. Before the trip my phones battery last a long time. Since returning from my trip it depletes really fast. I have an iPhone 5, 64 GB. Can anyone explain this?

Attached Files:

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

was it on the car charger the entire time?
    let it die. then charge. maybe the calibration is off?

3. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I wonder if that's my issue. I have mine on my charger in my car twice a day to and from school for 45 minutes each trip. Often sits past the 100% mark. I can't turn off the charging though cuz I play my music through USB.

4. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

This should not affect your battery what so ever "cuz" many do this and it is common.

5. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Typing on my phone. Cuz it's faster. :) I just realized I do it way too often because it doesn't recognize it as a misspelled word. Haha.

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah its suppose to stop charging once it hits 100.. and people on here are adamant about it on here that it doesnt effect.. which might be true.. but personally i can notice the calibration off on mine if i tend to let it charge for long periods.

7. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey,
    I just depleted until it shut off. This is the usage I got today... What do you think of these stats? Did texting, Facebook, Internet browsing, some YouTube, small amount if gaming.

Attached Files:

8. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I think your stand by is pretty weak. But with the youtube and gaming, that looks about right for usage. I was getting that type of stats (slightly better on usage) when I first had it when I restored from backup. Restored as new and manually added all my apps back. Now I get about the same usage as before but my stand by has increased to about a day+.