New battery on the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CallOfDuty, Sep 7, 2012.

1. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

I've heard that the battery on the iPhone 5 is now said to be taller and maintains the same thickness.
    However, this contradicts the previous rumours stating that the battery will only be a MARGINAL increase from 1440 Mah from a 1420 of the 4S (I think??)

Source from: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/09/alleged-iphone-5-battery-compared-with-iphone-4s-counterpart/
    [​IMG]
    The general logic is that if a battery is made larger, its capacity increases too.
    With the same thickness as the previous batteries and a bigger battery made possible by the longer length of the battery, I don't think the new iPhone 5 has almost the same capacity as the previous 4S.

Also, LTE is going to kill the battery if it only has a marginal increase over the 4S's battery, whether or not there is a newer LTE chip in the iPhone. There is no way Apple is going to sacrifice battery life. Battery life has always been Apple's main focus on the iPhone. It must at least get through a day, if not a little more than a day. That is then considered a decent battery life by Apple and mainstream consumers.

2. honeygirl macrumors member

all are not sure so far. may be it is ture or rumor.