New Benghazi movie reignites ‘stand-down’ order debate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jan 14, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/benghazi-movie-stand-down-order-debate-217622
    wonder if this will affect Hillary at all? sure hope it does :D

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I know some special people were stood up but I don't know if they were told to stand down...

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

article touches up on it a bit, it could be "confusing", delay vs stand down etc etc.

4. rdowns, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Oh please. Sec. Def. Panetta, 1 or 2 generals and even Republican members of the House Armed Servicesw Comm. have refuted this.

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I actually mean I know first hand that some special ones were stood up and some not so special ones too. I also don't think those special and not so special ones in my AOR could have made it there on time to actually do anything which is why I'm not sure this is a rabbit hole worth going down though I seem to be a minority. One of the super special ones implied that it was his call to stand them down and I kinda believe him because I don't really know anything and his pay grade was pretty high

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The political implications are incredibly problematic. Like or hate Clinton, it's clear even from the Politico article that she didn't give the order to "stand down," instead that order came from the CIA station chief, who was "risk adverse" and trying to get Libyan help.

And, it makes some sense. Why send a small group of contractors into a fight without backup against a larger, unknown force? That means that Paronto is correct, he was told to hold up, but that doesn't mean that Clinton or other state department officials put in a formal order—and that explains why three committees can't find the order.

Really, spend any time reading descriptions of battles and you'll see the same kind of confusion as communication lines collapse. That's how we get friendly fire incidents, for instance.

7. Robisan macrumors 6502

Right. Because Hollywood fiction should help determine the fate of the nation.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I guess now that we have this new evidence, the GOP is going to be conducting their 13th investigation into Benghazi.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I thought a bakers dozen was 11. You know, because bakers like ripping people off.

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

No, I believe you are thinking of the Republicans.

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Stand down, don't you frown
    All you're feeling right now is silly human pride...

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Its a Michael Bay movie for crying out loud.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

...starring Megan Fox as Hillary Clinton?

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

How the vast majority of Americans feel about Benghazi:

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Obviously they're inspired by.

16. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

5000 dead American soldiers after invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 under Bush is one thing. But 4 dead Americans under Hillary Clinton after Republicans voted down extra security? That's absolutely unacceptable!

17. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Bush like Clinton had that silly bumpkin likability, Ms. Clinton has none of that

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm sure Trey Gowdy will glom onto this. Don't forget, his witch hunt is still ongoing.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

To this day I struggle with how the Secretary of State can actually be considered responsible for security in the field. Sorry, I just don't get it. I never thought I was helping pay for a Secretary of State to get down to details like that. I thought I was paying her to figure out how to keep negotiations on track when the parties needing to settle something are all pop-offs, egomaniacs and/or a little hungover before breakfast. The job is so demanding, how does she end up holding the field security bag as well. It's ridiculous.

That's part of it for sure. Did this all stem from her trying to work out health care behind closed doors in Clinton's first administration? Or is it about the Rose law firm, Whitewater, all that? Or that when she ran for NY Senate, she was considered a carpetbagger? Not that she didn't follow the honorable tradition of plenty of predecessors on that score, including RFK Jr. I'm trying to remember when she was just Bill's wife to most people, back when he was first running for President. Didn't we think she was just smart and a good helpmeet for his career? So then he turns out to be a womanizer and... we take it out on her? I don't know. There's so much free floating hatred out there for her and although I'm no fan of her politics, the level of vituperation against her seems pretty shocking even in such a rude era.

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Hey. Bombing Libya and Syria while arming rebels under the pretext of fighting extremism is also acceptable , hell the POTUS even signed indefinite detention w/o trial into law to protect you of course.

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

^^ That's a big part of the problem with the voting masses. They should care.

22. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Benghazi Bush .png

The four dead in Benghazi wasn't the real scandal anyway, the real scandal was: President Obama, Hillary Clinton, Chris Stevens, and CIA committing treason in both Libya and Syria. First, by helping al-Qaeda overthrow Qaddafi; then, by getting weapons from Libya to Turkey and into Syria to help al-Qaeda there try to overthow Assad. Stevens deserved to die-he was directly involved in getting thousands of men, women and children in Libya and Syria killed. Obama and Hillary both deserve to be locked in ADX Florence for the rest of their lives, with other [convicted] terrorists and traitors.

A smart read:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v38/n01/seymour-m-hersh/military-to-military

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

tl:dr Blah, blah, traitors, blah, blah, treason, blah, blah.

24. Jess13, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Yep; Obama and Hillary are both traitors. Yep; Obama and Hillary both have committed treason.

Warbama.png

If instead of lazily TL;DR-ing your way through life, you actually read, you'd be better informed. :)